Power Locks Unlocking

bcuz

When I try to locking my doors using the button they unlock themselves. They also unlock if i push the lock down. The only way I can lock my doors is to use my key from outside. Has anyone had this problem and know a fix?

Have you tried checking to see if when you pull the key out of the ignition that you hear the click of that thing that senses whether the key is in the ignition or not. Not sure what its called, but that happend to my friend once. It got stuck and it kept thinking the keys were in the ignition.

what do you mean it unlocks when you push it down?

if you push the lock down or up it would lock or unlock the rest of the doors (at least in my 95) but if drivers door was open mine would automatically unlock I think to keep you from locking your keys in the car

If i push the drivers lock down with the door open all the locks will lock and stay locked, but if the keys are in the ignition it won't stay locked. (on my 93 and 95). I think there's a thread around here that deals with the power lock actuator.

Both my 95 have(had) the cold weather "autolock"

once you lightly close the door WHAM you are locked out (truck running or not)

Never had issues with it not locking except after washing the salt off in the winter.

(I think the car wash blower helps push water into the actuator to freeze later)

Hope it makes sense as I was watching redfinders Shaolin Hammerfist UFC style avatar.

Have you tried checking to see if when you pull the key out of the ignition that you hear the click of that thing that senses whether the key is in the ignition or not. Not sure what its called, but that happend to my friend once. It got stuck and it kept thinking the keys were in the ignition.

Well my key is so worn down it can fall out while the car is running :P, so I have no clue. Let me try to explain this a bit better, If i hit the lock button all the doors lock then instantly unlock, And if i try pushing the lock down manually they all unlock instantly too.

That sounds exactly like what I'm talking about. Does the steering wheel lock when you've turned the truck off and removed the key? like take out the key and turn the wheel and it should lock. If not well.....That might be why. My 93's key is worn like that too.

Only Manual tranny equipped models have it.

my 91 auto has that button.

It sounds like it has something to do with your ignition...

Can u get a new key cut?

I have a 180sx nissan key from japan that works as my pathfinder key :-\ .. haha

Nissans and ignition seem to be very lame as far as how easy they are to make work.....

I can use my Silvia key in most of my friends Nissans and with a little jiggle, it can unlock a door and start the car...

Scarry stuff...

U might want to buy a new ignition.

If I remember correctly when I first got mine... I had the same problem as homeboys allegid 95... and my steering wheel dosne't lock and I can take the key out of ignition while its running... and I still have no idea what the lil black button next to the ignition does (all I know is its not the auto eject button)...

However shortly after I got her, I put in an alarm in her w/the auto locks on the button... so I say just Kill Two Stoned Birds... get an alarm with the auto locks and forget about it...

Edited by texasbudman

Yeah Its a MT and it has the button, But my ignition is a bit loose... yeah it jiggles :P. Ill try pressing the button. Someone mentioned noises if they don't press the button, I a high pitched noise too...

Well I tried pressing the button before pulling the key out and it still wont lock.

Edited by bcuz