Roof rack ideas

ID95PATH

Hi All.

My 95 Pathfinder has the spare tire mounted in the cargo area and I plan to build a custom rear bumper with carrier sometime soon. My thought for a temporary solution was to throw it on a roof rack. It came with Thule cross-bars so I need a basket-type rack.

I like the Thule MOAB, but not the $350 price tag.

Has anybody found a "better value" rack that can go on my Thule square bars?

Thanks,

I found a Coleman basket for $99 on sale for half price at Target a few years ago. It has universal U mounts that fit any crosstube/bar. It kinda looks like a cheap version of the Yakima Load Warrior.

The same rack was sold up here in Canada under the name SPORTRACK... I've had mine for 3.5 years... and it's great, especially for the price. Mine was a bit more than what GG paid... but still very much worth it!

The same rack was sold up here in Canada under the name SPORTRACK... I've had mine for 3.5 years... and it's great, especially for the price. Mine was a bit more than what GG paid... but still very much worth it!

does that go on a roof rack or is that its own assembly?

does that go on a roof rack or is that its own assembly?

It's just the basket, it came with u bolts to affix... I now have them attached the the Thule bars... before that they were attached to the stock Nissan crosser bars.

Actually I haven't decided yet. Like I said, my Pathy came with Thule square bar and mounts but they were not on. I didn't think it was a big deal until I saw that that alone is over $250. So I ordered locks and new handles (which were missing).

Once I get the bars on, I'll get a basket. I'm glad I held off because I was leaning toward one at Cabelas for $160 here:

Cabela's rack

Now I see there is a dealer in my small town for SPORTRACK, so I'll check that out. It looks like it may be a better rack for less money....Thanks!!!!