need to replace powersteering belt?

g5mike

does anyone have a pic of the mechanism that I need to adjust to let the slack off so I can replace the belt,or maybe just a heads up at what I should be looking at?

thanks,Mike.

According to my manual, the power steering pump pulley should have and adjusting bolt and a pivot bolt (same piece, pivot is on the side of the adjusting bolt). Both need to be loosened to move the power steering pump/pully to loosen the tension on the belt. Unfortunately, I do not have a pic and am headed out or I would scan it for you. This is on the v-6 engine by the way. I hope this helps.....

Boot :crossedwires:

pull the Skid plate, climb under and look up.

IIRC: 12mm socket with atleast a 6" extension...

14mm and you have to crank the pully around so you can stick the socket through the access hole to loosen the upper bolt....

That after you remove everything else in the way....

pull the Skid plate, climb under and look up.

IIRC: 12mm socket with atleast a 6" extension...

14mm and you have to crank the pully around so you can stick the socket through the access hole to loosen the upper bolt....

That after you remove everything else in the way....

Yep yep yep.

Did mine a few weeks ago. CaseyT is right.

you have to crank the pully around so you can stick the socket through the access hole to loosen the upper bolt....

That is the PITA part of the whole thing, getting the pully turned to just the right spot that you can stick the socket through it onto the pivot bolt.