Body Lift

Xmas

What is a good deal for a shop to install a body lift for my Pathy? (just labor / install)

I am thinking about the one from 4x4 parts. Would this be the recommended one also??

Edited by Xmas

you can do it yourself in about a day if you have some help from a friend or 2. We did ours in 1 day using B/L from 4x4. came out exzcellent. Simon has a good description on how he did his and we just followed. there is also a DIY on the forum so check that out. Its not a hard job. We did headers just after the B/L and they were easy as well even considering we had to drill out some studs. I was glad we did the B/L first since it gave us more access room to do the headers

Specialty 4x4 shops would probably do it, but they would charge a specialty price too. I suggest doing it yourself also, you learn alot about your Pathfinder at the same time and it`s quite easy to do. Just read as much as you can about the install beforehand like what to look out for, etc and you should have no problem. You can spend the money you save on a set of wheels or tires and it will be much more rewarding!

Does anybody know the disadvantages of a body lift over a suspension lift? I can't decide myself. I want to keep the center of gravity as low as possible for on road handling while attaining the look of a lift.

jpawela:

About the only disadvantages to body lift are:

- If more than 2", you MAY have troubles getting the transfer case lever to go into 4Lo without modifying lever or floor.

- Raises center of gravity (but much less so than with suspension lift)

- Bumpers do not move with body. Need to move them seperately.

- Exposes the frame rails below body. Exposes gaps inside fenderwells. That may bother some folks.

- (Obviously) does not provide any additional ground clearance....

From what you describe you want, I would definitely recommend body lift.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of a body lift in my 94'path.

Who made his, that type of material used?

Somebody arranges photographs and measures?

In addition to having to change the bumper, that more changes are needed?

There may be some other pieces to wear?

Thanks

I am thinking of a body lift in my 94'path.

Who made his, that type of material used?

Somebody arranges photographs and measures?

In addition to having to change the bumper, that more changes are needed?

There may be some other pieces to wear?

Thanks

See my post on my body lift for further ideas and details of what I encounted.

:clickdalink:

Much kiwipete

Good explanation ...

Do you have measures and what type of material you used to do? I 'm a little new about these things!

Had to raise the stabilizers?

And about the direction, only modificate the pendural ( that Calmini Idler Arm Brace )?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my BL from 4x4parts, asked around, most expensive quote $2,000!!!! NUTS! cheapest was $750.

a friend and I did the BL on a sat and sunday. Couldve done it in 1 day, but the beer was a major distraction. not to mention all the time it took to re-align the body. oops