Bumper Brackets

LandShark

Before anyone says anything, I know I know :search::search: . I'm looking for a picture I believe I saw on these forums of how some one cut the factory brackets and welded them higher, and then welded in some braces. I've been searching now, and I can't seem to find the picture. Anyone remember what picture I'm talking about or have one like it?

Before anyone says anything, I know I know :search::search: . I'm looking for a picture I believe I saw on these forums of how some one cut the factory brackets and welded them higher, and then welded in some braces. I've been searching now, and I can't seem to find the picture. Anyone remember what picture I'm talking about or have one like it?

This is what I have done for my front bumper brackets. This is for a 2" lift.

Simply cut the irons and stagger the joins to suit your lift mesurement. I still have to add some extra bracing to my weld joins, which I will do when I install the winch, because the bumper has to come off again.

IMG_8716a.jpg

Cut lines marked out.

IMG_8717a.jpg

Bumper irons cut.

IMG_8718a.jpg

Tack welded and waiting further bracing. Im going to use some steel strips 20mm x 3mm x 75mm, to fit in the recessions between the tac welds.

IMG_8715a.jpg

This is looking at the rear bumper irons, un-modified.

I am toying with whats the best option here as there are no extra holes on the New Zealand models for raising them. As well as this, my towbar is also attached here as seen by the two lower bolts.

Edited by kiwipete

Kiwipete you are the man. :beer: This is exactly what I was looking for bud. This is how I plan on doing mine, I just couldn't remember where I saw it. I've been trying to explain this to a friend and its much easier with visual aids. Thanks again man. :clap:

IMG_8715a.jpg

This is looking at the rear bumper irons, un-modified.

I am toying with whats the best option here as there are no extra holes on the New Zealand models for raising them. As well as this, my towbar is also attached here as seen by the two lower bolts.

Most who raise the rear use those 2 holes that are into your hitch to relocate the bumper. You no longer use the stock bolt/bracket dog bone thing, instead just 2 regular nuts and bolts.

liftedbumper2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When I did the 3" BL on Rami's Pathy, the front bumper relocation brackets went on and worked fine. You just have to tighten them up real tight. From the looks of those cut and welded stock brackets, they'll do just as much good. ;) Don't bump into anyone or you'll have one bent bumper.

i had my bumper brackets cut in half, like the ones above, and a piece of metal pipe to bridge the two pieces together instead of butting the two halves up and only welding a small section of metal together.

the bumper relocation brackets that came with AC's body lift weren't worth Jack.

Edited by StatutoryApe

i had my bumper brackets cut in half, like the ones above, and a piece of metal pipe to bridge the two pieces together instead of butting the two halves up and only welding a small section of metal together.

the bumper relocation brackets that came with AC's body lift weren't worth Jack.

Looks like he didn't rely on just that short section, but gusseted his with the lift brackets.