Get hassled by the law

chappy

Does anyone get hassled for having their tires stick out or being lifted? I was thinking about keeping my old stockers for inspections my new rims have 4" bs and the tires have the tread completely under the flair but the side walls stick out an inch or so. Most states are pretty strict and a lot probably depends on the cop also.

Edited by chappy

Depends on the state; in California, I don't know anyone who was stopped for this.

every state is different.. in WI you can't have more then 4 lights showing up front... it all depends.. they seem to not care about the tires not the lights in my state. we have no inspections either. :)

My MTs stick out almost 3" past the fenders on my 88. No problems in any of the places I have been with it; OH, IN, KY, VA, WV, NC. I also have no mud flaps on it, I know some people, some places get hassled about that.

I've never had any trouble with mine, they stick out 2-3" and fling mud and water everywhere, no mud flaps or flares either. No troubles yet.

edit - now that I think about it I have a related story.

I was going for a cruise in may(ish) and noticed some kids with a pathfinder stuck in a construction lot next to a piece of machinery. Stopped to help them out and I guess some previous passers-by thought they had hit the equipment and called the cops. They looked at mine and made some stupid jokes and pointed out that I had a broken "link" (actually just the sway bar mount, as i have my rear sway removed). They never said anything further about it though, never got any guff considering the situation though.

Edited by LD50