Headlights...

Are these stock bulbs? They're garbage if they are. R50's suffer from poor visibility. I'd simply toss them and upgrade them and see what happens. I know when I got my '02 (in '06) the first thing I did (after almost running off the road in the rain at night because visibility was so poor with the stock bulbs) was toss in some plain Silverstars and have had them since. There's lot's of brands to choose from.

Has anyone installed HID's in there pathys? I have a 97 with Silver stars and they are great replacement bulbs but I love the look and brightness of HID's and want to do the upgrade. also since we are on the subject of Lighting is there a inexpensive place to purchase the factory fog light lenses for a 97 pathy? I have one that was destroyed by a gravel truck my last trip to the mountains?

Has anyone installed HID's in there pathys? I have a 97 with Silver stars and they are great replacement bulbs but I love the look and brightness of HID's and want to do the upgrade. also since we are on the subject of Lighting is there a inexpensive place to purchase the factory fog light lenses for a 97 pathy? I have one that was destroyed by a gravel truck my last trip to the mountains?

DONT do it in your stock reflector housing, the reflectors were not designed for HID and the light will be scattered, including into drivers eyes. Also you will lose your high beam function. You could do a retrofit with a bixenon projector, then you would retain your high beam function and have a proper beam pattern. Check out this link: http://www.nissanforums.com/pathfinder/139...s-problems.html

My only problem with doing this to my truck is that the lens has pieces designed onto the inside of the lens presumably for better lighting, unlike an 00+ which has clear lenses.

For the fog lights, ebay has them for bout 50, idk if you can find them any cheaper.

XplorX has done a complete HID switch I think. If I remember correctly he had to run ballasts for them. I could be completely wrong here but I thought I saw a post about it on here or on AC's forum.

I put in some Xenon brite white lenses I bought off flebay for 13 bucks I got 2 pair. They were brighter than stock and had a white/blue light to them. I liked them and they were brighter when in complete darkness but then you got into lit areas the headlights would disapear. They would also disapear when it rains. So all in all for the $ I liked them but I put 2bulbs in storage and kept the two in my headlights then about a month ago I was on a rig and one burned out so I just got some silverstars from Wally world. I got two so as not to look like a jackass with one brite white and one dull yellow lens. I will be putting my other bulbs back in when I get home. Silverstars are good but I like the brite white look better.

Edited by zonianbrat

So is it that the lights themselves are dim, or that the lights point down?

If dim, then you might have charging system problems like an alternator

If point down, just adjust them!

Thanks for the help, I found the problem being the guy before me got into an accident that he didn't notify me of so i hat to readjust the lights. But I do think I also have an alternator problem because it seems like the smallest things dim out my system so i'm going to check on that also.

Xplorx4 has the $1000 Jap spec headlights!! OEM xenon lenses!! (Jealous) You can get FX45 xenons in with work...I am working on getting parts now!

Do you know where he got them? Check that link i posted and ask the guy on their if you have any questions...he has tons of knowledge and hist turned out great

I bought the JDM HID headlamps from a wrecking yard when I was vacationing in New Zealand in early 2005. They are only available in the Asia-Pacific market. Even used, they cost me a bundle. BTW, the link you posted doesn't work. But, I think I found it:

HID upgrade kits? recommendations? problems?

• 2 weeks later...