So i hit a deer...

purdyboy89

So i hit a deer last night, i was traveling at prob about 30mph when it ran out in front of me. I didnt even have time to hit the breaks before i slammed into, throwing the deer to the wood-line on the other side of the road about 60ft or so away. I pulled to the side of the road expecting the worse when i got out of the truck looked at the front of the truck and damned it all if the deer didnt knock the emblem off the front of the truck, THATS IT! no more damage than my emblem came off! u have no idea how happy i am! THE PATHFINDER IS INVINSIBLE!!

Oh I have fond memories of Deer in my Pathy... I was driving some friends home after my bar closed through kirkland, WA on I-405, took an offramp (still doing 60 or so), and out of no where in the middle of a very populated kirkland area 3 deer jumped out right in front of me like they were crossing the road.. well, I braked and would have avoided them no problem, but they changed direction and started running in the direction I was driving down the road. Well, it was only a matter of seconds, but I watched as the deer's ass slowly started to dissappear under my Hood visor, the whole time I'm expecting a thump from my drivetrain somewhere (wasn't worried about screwing any thing up... just didn't want to clean deers ass off of my transfer case). Meanwhile the guy in the back seat who was passed out hit the front seats headrest (lol), and eventually the deers ass started to appear again, all three of them continued running along fully intact... Definatly one of those WTF moments... haha

Ive had a few deer run out in front of me causing some close calls. Biggest thing out here are the freakin rabbits. I drove 4 hours from Powder Wash coloardo to Casper Wy. I must have seen 100 white rabbits. I smeared 2 of them with the BFG's

:shrug: I gotta be honest. I wish i would hit a deer. I figure an arb would be cheaper than the OEM bumper assembly repair and i would get something for my years of insurance premiums...

Oh, and i'm a venison jerky addict. :jig:

Edited by PDCCD