Door open?

wheel366

Recently, I have been having this issue where it tells me I have a door open. The light comes on in the car and the in the dash. I had to turn off all interior lights because they would stay on and I had to disable the alarm cause it would randomly go off. I think I finally figured out which door it is. It's the tailgate. Right now, the lower lights beneath the dash are on and I can't get them to go off unless I push a little on the tailgate but as soon s I let go, they come back on. I can't seem to find where the sensor is for the gate. Does anybody know where it is? I know where the sensor is for the tire carrier. This is driving me nutz. The lights will stay on all night. I'm lucky I just got a new red top.

Recently, I have been having this issue where it tells me I have a door open. The light comes on in the car and the in the dash. I had to turn off all interior lights because they would stay on and I had to disable the alarm cause it would randomly go off. I think I finally figured out which door it is. It's the tailgate. Right now, the lower lights beneath the dash are on and I can't get them to go off unless I push a little on the tailgate but as soon s I let go, they come back on. I can't seem to find where the sensor is for the gate. Does anybody know where it is? I know where the sensor is for the tire carrier. This is driving me nutz. The lights will stay on all night. I'm lucky I just got a new red top.

I had the same problem with my drivers side door... the lights flashing were frustrating but the lil chime damn near drove me insane!!!!!!!!!!

But my switch was messed up... I ordered one a new switch from Advanced... was like 2 and change and the shipping was more expensive than the part... and someone else mailed me another one and it was the wrong connection... but I canabalized all three and made a new one... and the button was like 1/8" short... I cut a piece off the cap of a gallon jug and basically made a spacer and tucked it under the plastic cover thingy... end of problem... and a great help to whats left of my sanity...

But your on the mainland and shouldn't have to stress to much finding one at a junkyard or even buying/returning a new one...

Edited by texasbudman

I went to my body shop today. It is the latch in the rear hatch. When we put pressure on it, the light goes out. I am bringing it in for some other work on the 26th and they fix it then. I need to have the weather stripping on the front doors checked plus the tire carrier won't latch unless you hold the latch open then push the tire carrier closed then release the latch. Also, my driver side door won't latch when it is super cold out. Oh and I'm getting new fog lights since I cracked one of them.

Are you serious? You can fix that hatch in 5 min with a couple washers. Just remove the trim, unbolt the metal hoop (2 bolts), put in washers on either side, then hoop, and bolt back together while pushing the hoop thing as far forward toward the front of the truck as it will go. Almost guaranteed problem solved. Wonder what the body shop will charge you, LOL. They'll want to check your blinker fluid too, no doubt. ;)

I can do that but I have other things that need to get done. They are friends of mine. I do PC work for them and they do stuff for me. At the moment, I have one of their laptops and PC's here at my house.

They'll want to check your blinker fluid too, no doubt. ;)

wanna know something funny, some of the newer hybrids actually do have "exhaust bearings". can't recall the exact application at the moment, but its something to do with getting the converter to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I did the washer thing and it fixed it until tonight. When I go over bumps, the lights come on but not all the time. Do I need thicker washers? The ones I used are pretty thick but not overly thick. Maybe I should just get it fixed properly.

Why I unplugged my sensor in the latch. I tried 3 different "fixes"; wrap tape over hoop to make thicker, insetr washers under hoop, beat (slight tap) with a hammer on the loop to bent into sensor. They all worked, for about 6 months (or less). I don't need my footwell lights comming on when I open the hatch anyway.

Why I unplugged my sensor in the latch. I tried 3 different "fixes"; wrap tape over hoop to make thicker, insetr washers under hoop, beat (slight tap) with a hammer on the loop to bent into sensor. They all worked, for about 6 months (or less). I don't need my footwell lights comming on when I open the hatch anyway.

Agreed, I did the tape thing for like 4 years, and just replaced it every 6 months - 1 year. The washer fix has lasted fine for quite a while now, but that's next if it ever comes back.