How can i rip out my entire retarded alarm system?

sammyb33

I go to start the pfinder up tonight to move it (around 2am) because it is blocking the mail box which is not a good situation if you need to receive mail in the morning....

I go to unlock my doors with my key all is well, go to start it it starts, then i see the tell tale signs the $#&%in thing is gonna start going off....It does, at 2AM.....i want the damned thing completely disabled and out of the car. How. Parts break down, wiring diagrams give it to me. Its a stupid POS system that doesn't work half the time and isn't needed on a now 12yr old vehicle.

Thank you

(EDIT: i mean does clipping the wires and disabling the remote "module" completely disable the system?)

Edited by sammyb33

what looks like a PA system is under my hood, ill snap some pics tomorrow. If it just uses the horn, where to the "chirps" come from then?

(EDIT: "where DO the "chirps" come from them?)

Edited by sammyb33

Mine has one of those crazy atari sounding horns also Simon, my old 95 just had a standard siren sound.

Have to make the shifter look like an old 2600 joystick, just need a red button to fire!!

the stock horn(s) are right behind the front bumper. the horn on the drivers side nest to the oil dipstick is the alarm one. After you rip the alarm out, you might consider running a jumper wire from your stock horn to the alarm horn. Might give you a unique sound when you are tormenting pedestrians

Edited by k9sar

the stock horn(s) are right behind the front bumper. the horn on the drivers side nest to the oil dipstick is the alarm one. After you rip the alarm out, you might consider running a jumper wire from your stock horn to the alarm horn. Might give you a unique sound when you are tormenting pedestrians

Never thought about that..... :crossedwires:

Yeah Sammy...the horn under the hood is for the alarm. You can chop it out once you've disconnected the alarm box.

Yea, i kind of knew this, but was surprised that 88 did either not know it, or was to be surprised that it was not an actual Nissan part. Thanks again guys i am now alarm-less (thank god)