a-pillar tweeters ?

drifter

My tweeters are crackling , wanting to dis-connect them, whats the best way to get to the tweeters so i can snip those wires ,behind the dash or can i get to them by breaking down the a-pillar. whats the best way with out making a mess ?? thanks

Tweeters on a factory WD21 stereo? I didn't know there were, but the a-pillar covers are easy to take off.

Pull off the rubbery plastic type seal that's behind the panel away. It goes all the way from the kickpanel (down by the floor) around the doorjam and back down to the floor. Just pull it off where it's touching the a-pillar panel. Get a flathead screwdriver and pop out the panel. There are three clips if I remember correctly. You won't break the panel, it's pretty tough. Where you go from here is pretty self-explanatory.

Cheers

Once you get the a-pillar off, you can unplug the tweeters, instead of snipping the wires. If you ever want to add new ones all you have to do is plug them in. I had a "blown" one, just got another one from the junkyard and it works like new again.

I don't know how you can blow the tweeters I blast mine stock system the time and they're fine.

Yeah Ilovemypatty, they did come with tweeters, i don't know which year started that, but im sure simon would know

I don't know how you can blow the tweeters I blast mine stock system the time and they're fine.

Yeah Ilovemypatty, they did come with tweeters, i don't know which year started that, but im sure simon would know

You answered your own question, Adam. STOCK system. The stock amps don't put out enough power to blow the tweeters.

I believe they started the tweeters along with the roof speakers in 92 or 93....but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This may sound silly...

But HOW do you unplug the tweeters????

Does anyone by chance have a few pics they can load...

Thanks....

Just take the plastic trim off the A-pillar, and you'll see the plugs for the tweeters. Unplug them there.

Does anyone have a picture of their factory a-pillar tweeters handy by any chance? Just wondering if I could track some panels down to replace the fiberglass ones I made, to make it look a little less obvious I've got a good stereo.

The A-pilar cover with tweeter grill, or the actual tweeter? The tweeter it's self is nothing pretty to look at.