WD21 cv axles interchangeable?

87pathmaker

Just had another passanger cv axle blow up on me... I can't remember if all wd21 axles are the same. I have an 87. are all the wd21 axles the same part number??

I'm ordering from out of state, so I have to make sure the axle is correct.. it's such a pita to return stuff from ak.

Ya see! Thats what I love!! Ive worked at a Ford dealership for several years in the parts dept. and nothing, NOTHING, interchanges on those vehicles!!! :ohno01: I'm talking several different axles for the same year model. Not to mention left and right would be different also! :D GOD I LOVE MY PATHY! :D

Actually they did change in 90 to a different one (same size, different ends).

I do believe there are 3 different cv halfshafts for pathys. They are broken down by the following years.

87-89

90-95

96-05

Go to rockauto.com they have Brand new ones for $69-$79 each depending on the year. They also know which one it right for your year.

Mark

Edited by msavides

yea I know there is a year change that goes from a 5 bolt configureation to a 6 bolt I think the earlier models were 6 and later 5...b/c I was going to replace them from a 95 and keep the 87s for spares and doh it was different...luckly it didnt cost me anything for the CVs