ScanGuage

CDNBullrid

Just thought I'd throw this out there... I may have actaully read about them here or already posted about them, but a Scanguage II is an excellent and cheap little tool for reading and clearing trouble codes, aswell as showing you engine data that your factory guages dont... I have mine displaying volts, intake air, coolant temp and economy generally. Ebay or scanguage.com

Tell me more about this ScanGuage. i am really interested in buying one. I have a 2001 Pathfinder LE. it says on the website that it is compatible. what i want to know is if it will actually tell me the MPG fairly accurately, tell me coolant temp, tell me voltage, speed, anything like that. also, just tell me whatever you think i should know before purchasing one. thanks much!! also, is there a difference between a scanguage and a scanguage2?

Read this thread:

Link 1

and this too for a Canadian perspective:

Link 2

In those are links to the web site and to the manual (I downloaded it), the manual will answer most of your questions.

It looks like a good tool and those that have it say it is good. I just wish there was a better distribution system in Canada.

One thing I wanted to read was tranni temp, it can not do that despite there being the TRAN TEMP light on the dash. There may be other sensors that it can not do either.

Best advise: read the manual and see if it will do what you want it to.

I purchased the Scan Gauge II for my FJ Cruiser and went for the extra cable for our Pathfinder. When you fill your tank, reset the Gauge and how many litres added. now it will read absolutely accurate. best $150 mod I added.

Hey there's a post on YotaTech and there's a group buy with the ScanGauge II. $149 shipped.

ScanGauge II Group Buy

You may need to register to view the page.

Registration not required, but if you contact the retailer offering the group buy at this link, use this to get the discount:

Coupon Code: YTSG2