Rear windshild wiper fluid?

Xmas

I notice that when I try to spray window fluid on my rear window, no fluid comes out, but I hear the motor roaring.

The front windshield wiper fluid works perfect. I'm just wondering what can be wrong w/ the rear and why its not squarting any fluid. Any idea? Thanks

Plugged nozzle, broken/plugged hose hose. The WD21s use the same bottle for both front and back and if you hear the pump and there's fluids in the tank, chances are there is a clog or a break along the way. I beleive the nozzle spray thingy (I know very technical jarggin) can be unscrewed with a special tool (or a couple of small picks if you want to improvise).

I notice that when I try to spray window fluid on my rear window, no fluid comes out, but I hear the motor roaring.

The front windshield wiper fluid works perfect. I'm just wondering what can be wrong w/ the rear and why its not squarting any fluid. Any idea? Thanks

mine is doing the same thing. I have not got around to looking at it yet. Let me know how this turns out for you.

Mark

Just a thought, when I havent used mine in a while, I have to let the rear motor pump a few times by just holding it on, to get the fluid to pump/draw to the back. (I guess it evaporates in the line in the heat here in TX over time) Then it works just fine.

mine is doing the same thing. I have not got around to looking at it yet. Let me know how this turns out for you.

Mark

yeah, the fluid tends to flow back in the lines.. it may take a minute of pumping to get it all there.. don't overheat the pump though, by pumping it that long all at once.. give it a few then let off, try again until it squirts again. :D

you could also take the hose of the rear squirter and then try to prim it.. less restriction, less time.