weird clanging noise

Andrew

My pathfinder has been sitting for a little while since I am saving up to get the timing belt

replaced. I drove it to the store yesterday and it was making a metal clanging noise that

sounded like it was coming from the front right wheel. It got faster when the car when faster

and stopped completely when the car wasnt moving. Any idea at all when this could be?

Thanks.

My pathfinder has been sitting for a little while since I am saving up to get the timing belt

replaced. I drove it to the store yesterday and it was making a metal clanging noise that

sounded like it was coming from the front right wheel. It got faster when the car when faster

and stopped completely when the car wasnt moving. Any idea at all when this could be?

Thanks.

Dust sheild on the disc brake maybe.

Jack it up, spin the wheel...listen for where the noise is coming from..

Could have also been a bad hub trying to lock, or a bad wheel bearing.

So if I take off that wheel, how do I check and see if it is that?

If you jack it up, put it on stand since you got it up... when you take off the tire and anything falls off there is your problem... ck for loose or funny things...

How do you know whats loose or funny, you maybe thinking... take off the other tire and use the other side as a point of referance... hence put it on a stand (DON'T USE CEMENT BLOCKS!!!! unless you have Sucidal Tendancies)... :suicide:

Edited by texasbudman