Rear Side Windows Fogging

AlMac

Hey guys,

I've been noticing lately that my rear side windows fog quite badly when it rains out.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I had an idea to mount somekind of auxillary fan in the rear of the cargo area.

dont breath...

haha no seriously I think the pathy's both the 95 and the 87 were the worst cars ever for this...I had rain vents on the 87 so I would crack a window and it would go away fairly quickly...the 95 was really bad...about it and didnt have rain vents so sometimes I'd just wait knowing they would fog and wipe them down B4 I left...

dont breath

That's what I was going to say :lol:

Well ok, that and do not set your enviro controls to recirculate... about the only time mine fogs like that is when I am not blowing fresh.. err "outside air" in with the heater.

That's what I was going to say :lol:

Well ok, that and do not set your enviro controls to recirculate... about the only time mine fogs like that is when I am not blowing fresh.. err "outside air" in with the heater.

Turn on your A/C And turn up your heater so your not cold. May seem silly to chill and heat at the same time but it works. Make sure you do not have it on auto climate control or this wont work. The A/c removes moisture in the air. Most newer cars automatically turn on the ac and put it on fresh air when you put it on the defroster settings.

Mark

Edited by msavides

As does the Pathfinder. My LE with auto climate controls will cycle the AC when on defrost, whether on Auto, or manual modes. It clears the windows far better and faster than my old 95 that had no working AC.

As does the Pathfinder. My LE with auto climate controls will cycle the AC when on defrost, whether on Auto, or manual modes. It clears the windows far better and faster than my old 95 that had no working AC.

my 91 has on/off buttons for recirculate and ac. I am sure your newer one just has momentary buttons so they can be cleared when you put it in defrost. I want a 95 now.

Mark