ABS and Brake warning lights

TrailChaser

The ABS and Brake light just started coming on when I make a hard right turn, and they go off when I hit a bump or turn left. I checked the connection on the 3rd member and it looks good. Anyone have any suggestions?

Brake fluid level?

I had both on when I had air in the system. Try bleeding everything. Work from the back, to the front, including the proportioning valve in the middle.

Brake fluid level?

I had both on when I had air in the system. Try bleeding everything. Work from the back, to the front, including the proportioning valve in the middle.

I'll check that out.

The brakes don't feel any different than they've always been. Is there any other connection or sensor for an ABS system on the 95 pathies that don't have ABS? (I'm pretty sure I don't have ABS, I've locked up the brakes a few times and they just lock up.)

Brake fluid level?

Yup, sounds like low break fluid. Check it out.

Good stuff. Glad it was simple. Probably just need a brake job, hence the low fluid. Keep an eye on it though.

Oh, and you have ABS. It's rear only. There was no 4 wheel ABS on WD21's. I've never felt mine kick in either. :shrug:

I had the same problem.... and all it was which was weird to me was the rubber seal thingamabob on the cap was bent up weird... so all I did was just fix it put it back on and have'nt seen the lights since.... :shrug:

All WD21 have rear only ABS. It is designed to kick in when the Pathy is pulling a trailer and there is weight on the rear to stop teh truck from fish-tailing, so its probably programed at a very high rate to activate.

Oh, and you have ABS. It's rear only. There was no 4 wheel ABS on WD21's. I've never felt mine kick in either. :shrug:

All WD21 have rear only ABS. It is designed to kick in when the Pathy is pulling a trailer and there is weight on the rear to stop teh truck from fish-tailing, so its probably programed at a very high rate to activate.

Eeh, only on so-equipped models. Some base models didn't have ABS at all. Mine doesn't.

I learn something new everyday.

Rob, we missed you at Hot Springs. I still have that front skid too.