Jeep GC spring cut-off

Mr. Pickles

Just a quick post in the middle of things. I tried to get a few local shops to cut them down, but none would have it. I wasted a heavyduty blade in my jigsaw in an admittedly "what if" attempt at the Jeep GC springs. Then I hit the local hardware store. Got a 3 pack of cutoff disks/grinders with the center attachment for $10 that are compatible with my $20 on sale Walmart 3/8 drill. Cuts the springs well. Not like butter, but maybe 10 min per side. Not bad! Got a clean, cheap cut. Just another *motivation* shot at people. Give it a shot and play with your Pathfinder. I'll post pics soon, as I'm throwing a coat of red Plasti-Dip to match my Sway-Away T bars.

Man, I need to get on the ball.

Show me the pics.

You know its funny, I told the wife that I could lift my Pathy for cheap, because she likes to go off road. But she said no. Then we saw this nice Jeep all fixed up with a winch and lift and all the goodies and she said that she would love one so we could go off roading. go figure.

You know its funny, I told the wife that I could lift my Pathy for cheap, because she likes to go off road. But she said no. Then we saw this nice Jeep all fixed up with a winch and lift and all the goodies and she said that she would love one so we could go off roading. go figure.

I see an opening! :lol: I think you can get it done.... :aok:

Guest tram_bethea

Everytime I tell my parents I am going to lift my Pathfinder they get all mad and tell me I can't. I can't figure them out.

tram i know where your comeing from. i tell my dad he tells me ok i will help you if you get the money but when i tell my mom she gives me the old dont even think about it glare. so i have decide that the lift will go on when she gone one week end or i could save it for her b-day sssh

tram i know where your comeing from. i tell my dad he tells me ok i will help you if you get the money but when i tell my mom she gives me the old dont even think about it glare. so i have decide that the lift will go on when she gone one week end or i could save it for her b-day sssh

Well, you're half way there with dad. Besides, there are worse things that you could be "rebelling" against that lifting your truck. At least you're not on crack! (Hopefully...) :takebow:

At least you're not on crack! (Hopefully...) 

That's funny.....If, when I lived at home, I told my dad that I was gonna lift my Pathy he'd be all for it. He used to offroad his old 4X4 Jimmy's before my time (the old HUGE full sized ones). I guess I'm lucky that way. My mom wouldn't know the difference. If I told her I was going to lift my truck, she'd be like "That's nice, what do you want for dinner when you're done?" :beer::aok:

That's funny.....If, when I lived at home, I told my dad that I was gonna lift my Pathy he'd be all for it. He used to offroad his old 4X4 Jimmy's before my time (the old HUGE full sized ones). I guess I'm lucky that way. My mom wouldn't know the difference. If I told her I was going to lift my truck, she'd be like "That's nice, what do you want for dinner when you're done?" :beer::aok:

hehe ... your mom sounds nice ... mine, if I recall when I put my lift on 4 years ago was like ... well ok, just dont leave a bunch of grease in the sink when you are done washing your hands, and you know where the food is ... LOL

well ok, just dont leave a bunch of grease in the sink when you are done washing your hands

Oh, I'm sure mine would have said that same thing. I don't know how many times I'd left a residue of hand cleaner and grease in the laundry room sink, and get in S%!t because she'd put something in there, and it'd be covered in grease and ruined. Oh well, live and learn. Now that I have my own house, I'm sure to rinse out the sink real well. :aok: Mom would be so proud!!!! :clap::D

I wish I could worry about lifts and such at that age. Back then, all my time and $$ was spent just trying to keep the thing running and going down the road. I failed at that in the long run, though. Stupid-sunuva-Mitsubishi-POS. :furious: That left a bad taste toward working on cars for several years. Now, if I want to fix it or work on something, I do. If I have to work on it cause it breaks, I usually take it to the shop. :aok:

Guest tram_bethea

Haha I should get some of the fellows to help me lift it one weekend and they would probably never notice. It would suck if I broke something on the car though and they found out about it.

I wish I could worry about lifts and such at that age.

the only reason i can is cause i got my pathy for dirt cheap and im working hard and not spending on anything else cause me and my dad love offroading and mechanics so the two of us love doing things like this.