12 members have voted

1. 1. which'en

• NPORA
    • NISSAN
    • try and Smoke it again
    • PATHFINDER
    • Leave it alone
    • Other

Hey guys...I finally dug out that old 3rd brake light and sanded it all down and got rid of the smoke tint that wheelman put on (only b/c i scratched it up pretty bad)...my 87 doesnt have one and I really dont remember how they had it attached

I plan to match drill and attach it with sheet metal screws but I have a worry that these will eventually back out...I think they had the square plastic inserts that they threaded into as a locking feature but cannot remember...if anyone has had theirs off recently I'd be interested in knowing what the attachment method was

Part 2

I know its a small space but since its added on I was thinking about making it a lil more custom and mask it off and leave a slogan/call or what have you to light up as the brake light...so I set up a poll and I'd like to see what you guys/gals think

When I added the third brake light on my Pathy I simply screwed it down with self-tapping screws. The gasket on the light prevents leaks AFAIK and it hasn't come loose yet.

I think the stock 3rd light is a bit small to be making out wording on it unless you're up close.

I'd put it on but return it to stock function. Its small, plus call me cautious, but a brake light is one of the few things I'd not mess with or take chances (granted, yes I realize you don't have a 3rd one now). The goal being, of course, for it to be seen as good as possible. Just my 0.02. :)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

The gasket on the light prevents leaks AFAIK and it hasn't come loose yet.

yea thats kinda a problem...I've got to make my own gasket b/c I guess when ryan pulled it apart to smoke them...ohh well

I think the stock 3rd light is a bit small to be making out wording on it unless you're up close.

thats what I was thinking...but it'd be mainly one of those someone sees it and thinks its unique

I was also thinking about getting the wing but cant seem to find one so I guess that will wait...

I was also thinking about getting the wing but cant seem to find one so I guess that will wait...

They're something like $80 at the stealer for the kit if you really are dying for it. I had to when my hinge broke cause no yards within like 40 miles had one. As I'm sure you know, the mounts for the wing/deflector are also the hinges for the black glass, so it was kinda *important* at the time. Good luck. :)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

They're something like $80 at the stealer for the kit if you really are dying for it. I had to when my hinge broke cause no yards within like 40 miles had one. As I'm sure you know, the mounts for the wing/deflector are also the hinges for the black glass, so it was kinda *important* at the time. Good luck

yep yep thats a true statment

Alright here are the results...It's not as clean as I'd like it but I'm going to work on that...I dont think it looks too bad...I thought about maybe doing other folks if they want it done but I'll have to clean it up a lil...

DSCN2945.jpg

DSCN2944.jpg

DSCN2947-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

He has a 95 wiring harness in his truck.

If you wanted to add one, all you would have to do is splice the wires into the tail light brake wire.

black is ground and green is hot?

is green the hot wire on the brake wire too?

He has a 95 wiring harness in his truck.

If you wanted to add one, all you would have to do is splice the wires into the tail light brake wire.

htat was before the harness...i 3 holes... 2 for mounting and 1 for a grommet...routed it through the D post or maybe that's the C post in our truck... and then i pulled out the LH tail light and then i pulled the connector apart and recrimped the wire to the same connector for the brake light hot and then just ran a short ground wire to a stud on the tailgate...you could easily just splice right into the wiring harness without pulling the connector apart but i'm funny like that

to find the right wires i probed with a multimeter...

Edited by unccpathfinder