New Pathy Potential....

Hud

I found a 1995 SE with 120,000 miles , one owner(a lady), very clean and well taken care, the only major problem is the trannny went out.. she lost reverse but all others work fine... now from my own experience I know that can get expensive, but its such a nice truck :jig:

Any suggestions on repair or just generally do you think its a good deal... she was asking $2300 but I told her I would give her $1700 ...

Edited by Hud

I found a 1995 SE with 120,000 miles , one owner(a lady), very clean and well taken care, the only major problem is the trannny went out.. she lost reverse but all others work fine... now from my own experience I know that can get expensive, but its such a nice truck :jig:

Any suggestions on repair or just generally do you think its a good deal... she was asking $2300 but I told her I would give her $1700 ...

I own a 94 4x4 5pd, i am getting my trans rebuilt as we speak, all new parts,clutch,flywheel resurfaced,labor. $1800. ouch well at least it well be new again.

Edited by drifter

I own a 94 4x4 5pd, i am getting my trans rebuilt as we speak, all new parts,clutch,flywheel resurfaced. $1800.

Yah, exactly I had my auto rebuilt on the one I have right now a year ago and it ran right around that... so all in all this truck would end up costing me about 3500... :blink: but its so clean!!!

theres no reverse now? i bought my 95 se with 131k and busted cvs and a broken centerlink... about 1200-1500 in work. i paid 2 gs for the truck so, in your case, 3500 total for a super clean truck is a pretty good deal. anything else wrong with it?

theres no reverse now? i bought my 95 se with 131k and busted cvs and a broken centerlink... about 1200-1500 in work. i paid 2 gs for the truck so, in your case, 3500 total for a super clean truck is a pretty good deal. anything else wrong with it?

Yah it has no reverse right now... and theres nothing else that I can tell that is wrong, no rust, engine's obviously good(@120,000) all service records...

Where are you? (West Coast vs. rust belt, etc.) That would be a steal around here (western WA), assuming you could deal with the tranny reasonably.

I'm down in California, no rust in SoCal... The tranny like I said that I rebuilt in my Pathy I have right now costed about 1800, and so I'm pretty sure thats what this one will run me.. so for 3500 I'm thinking its a steal also.... especially how friggin clean it is.... gotta love one owners :wiggle:

Where in LA are you? I think I saw the same truck on craigslist. You could convert it to manual? Just a thought. If you're willing to spend $3500 all told, you might as well take a look at this one http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/414455982.html

Edited by feloniousmonk

Yah it has no reverse right now... and theres nothing else that I can tell that is wrong, no rust, engine's obviously good(@120,000) all service records...

I'm down in California, no rust in SoCal... The tranny like I said that I rebuilt in my Pathy I have right now costed about 1800, and so I'm pretty sure thats what this one will run me.. so for 3500 I'm thinking its a steal also.... especially how friggin clean it is.... gotta love one owners :wiggle:

I think you just answered your own question.

I think you just answered your own question.

Yah i guess I did... Never hurts to get advice though...

Thanks for the lead Felon.. I'm already taking this one... but that can't be a bad choice either...

So I guess I will be saying goodbye to the truck that started this whole obsession.. As much as hate to...

Can't start a collection like Slick... LA does'nt allow it... NO room...

So I posted a thread in For Sale...

Thanks again all...

To rebiuld a manual trans on most vehicles is a pretty easy task. Main thing is to check a trans brackdown (parts exsploded view)etc.. to see if there are any tools you might not own. I have re-biult alot of domestic trannys over the years and dummy shafts are cheap to have made at a Machine shop. If you not good with a set of wrenches your at the rong end of shop rates.

I talked to a buddy just now that has owned a few PF and he said his auto trans did the same thing and it was a rad problem (antifreez in the Trans fluid)WTF ?? but he fixed it in time to save the trans.

I got it... picks soon to come...

I don't know about the anti freeze in the tranny fluid mixing???

But taking it to a good guy so he'll shoot me straight on the damage...

I talked to a buddy just now that has owned a few PF and he said his auto trans did the same thing and it was a rad problem (antifreez in the Trans fluid)WTF ?? but he fixed it in time to save the trans.

Without knowing exactly what he said he probably meant that the tranny cooler (located inside the radiator) was the cause of the tranny failure. They are to restrictive and start clogging up over time, it's a known problem that effects most automatic WD21's (Pathfinders & Terrano's). Hud and anyone else with an Auto WD21, the preventive measure to take care of this in the future is to completely bypass the stock tranny cooler and install either an aftermarket cooler or one from a wrecking yard.. such as from a ford or chevy V8 equipped car or truck. :aok: