Dumb Mechanic?

nige

I got new shocks and balljoints installed a few months ago, and there is still a rattle from the suspension, so I crawled underneath to have a look at the front end and I discovered there's no bolt holding the bottom of the shock onto the lower link... :huh: anyone ever had this problem?? I don't think it could be classified as a 'common' problem for these trucks. I also discovered there's no bound bumper on the lower link either. So either this is common or my mechanic is slower than retarded molasses. Anyone have access to these parts? I don't wanna pay 30 bucks for a piece of rubber on a plate from the local datsun dealer

boooo! the receiver nut welded onto the other side of the bracket on the lower link is *gasp* stripped!

oh well, now i have to tear the hub off to get a grinder in there and locate a new nut... this is turning out to be another chapter in the book of p.i.t.a.

all this to put a bolt in for the strut -sheesh

oh well back to work!

beat ya to it 88!

i got a new bolt, drilled out the old nut and threw it in: sound as a pound!

Now i'm onto the temperature sensor, but having difficulties locating the right one.... I got a code 33 of the ecu, and the datsun dealer gave me a new sensor which he claims is the right one. I thought it goes into the manifold, but he said it goes somewhere on the block. I'll throw out the part number anyhow and let me know if any of you have installed this one..

22630-51E02

???

Meh, they sold me the wrong sensor....

where is that sensor located that gives me the code 33?

my haynes manual gives me useless photos and the datsun parts guy had no idea

oooo got under with a wrench and i cant even budge the sensor. I doused it in oil, waited another 6 hours, doused it some more and tried again... still no luck. I thought about heating or cooling the metal, but all i have access to is a propane torch and some liquid co2. Has anyone attempted what i'm thinking about?

I don't think cooling it is going to help you any... as cooling stuff down generally causes it to expand, and you might end up cracking something fragile/important. People heat stuff up to loosen it all the time, but by torching this piece you might hurt it, I dunno. But if you're just replacing it, then it shouldn't be a problem, right!? :) Beats me...

i'm contemplating letting a shop do this for me. There shouldn't be much of a charge for labour and the part is about 70 canadian loons. I remeber there was a thread with pics showing this, but i searched and cant find it. poo