no BL's available for wd21 w/ an automatic tranny?

StatutoryApe

at least not for my '88. i don't know about other years, but there are no body lifts available (that i can find anyway) for my car ('88SE V6) with an automatic transmission.

am i stuck with only the option of installing a suspension lift?

the max lift i can get with those is 3-4", and i'm not getting the 4" because it's way more expensive.

are there any places that can make custom body lifts?

I don't think manual or auto makes any difference. Just use the manual kit.

Manual or auto does matter. The shifter linkages need to be eiter extended or modified to continue to work properly.

4x4parts.com (AC) should have them (or a hardbody kit should work without issue possibly)

I have 95's; so I am guessing, but I just lifted mine 3" over the weekend without many issues.

(members here will help you with any questions or issues)

Manual or auto does matter. The shifter linkages need to be eiter extended or modified to continue to work properly.

Hello,

For the Nissan's, there is more than enough cable for the auto linkage for a body lift. However, the 4wd selector shaft needs to be extended either by using/adding one from a Hardbody, or bending it. Some people have had to notch the floor too, but try and avoid doing that.

omg, i didn't even see the Body Lift link on the left hand side of AC's website.

thanks for the help, guys!

so new question now:

which should i get first, a suspension or body lift? thx again :tongue:

If you're wheeling the truck or plan too use it, etc., I'd go suspension lift first of course. If you're strickly after looks and plan to mall crawl, body lift is your cheaper and leaves the suspension stock (less wear and tear). Many people will likely argue SL either way, though. I (and many others) have both. :D:rolleyes:

omg, i didn't even see the Body Lift link on the left hand side of AC's website.

thanks for the help, guys!

so new question now:

which should i get first, a suspension or body lift? thx again :tongue:

Do the body lift first. It is less hassle, cheaper and more reliable.

oh, i plan to wheel :D

and i also plan to get both types of lifts.

but my problem is this:

i'm not the most rich guy there is. lol. i only have a 1000 USD limit credit card (i'm only 18)

so if i got the SL first, that'd take up like 800 USD and i'd be left w/ my stock 31x10.5 AT's.

but if i got the BL first, i'd have the money to buy new rims and tires as well.

speaking of which, how big of tires could i fit w/ just a 3" BL? 33x12.5's would be nice :P

so i'd like to leave it up to you experts to decide for me. lol.

oh, i plan to wheel :D

and i also plan to get both types of lifts.

but my problem is this:

i'm not the most rich guy there is. lol. i only have a 1000 USD limit credit card (i'm only 18)

so if i got the SL first, that'd take up like 800 USD and i'd be left w/ my stock 31x10.5 AT's.

but if i got the BL first, i'd have the money to buy new rims and tires as well.

speaking of which, how big of tires could i fit w/ just a 3" BL? 33x12.5's would be nice :P

so i'd like to leave it up to you experts to decide for me. lol.

To get 33's on you will need to lift both body and suspension 3" for a total of 6" lift.

I will say for the final time... If you are going to do one lift at a time then do the body lift first. A suspension lift, if you want hassle free off raoding, has to be done right and costs a fair whack of money. There is a lot of info on this site re body V's suspension lift. Pros and con for each are stated. Best you read up on it and decide for yourself.

I did body first; the extra space is unbelievable!

Headers and other mods will be SO much easier; and the cost factor at like $120 is good.

When your ready to do the suspension lift; spend the $ and do it right.

Body lift also makes it easier to get at the frame for rustproofing.

body lift it is! thx again, guys.

sorry if i agitated you by being a noob, Vsicks. thanks for everyone's advice though, i really appreciate it.

i know there's some other forum where somebody says which lift to do first, but i couldn't find it. or i was too lazy to. idk.

time to go buy a body lift! (within the next week or so)

everybody agitates v6, get used to it and welcome aboard

lol, i didn't even notice that sicks was supposed to be 6. and thx for the welcome.

yeah, i figure i wanna go big w/ 33's especially since my friend has 33's on his yota and we can use each other's tires when we go wheelin if need be :tongue:

Edited by StatutoryApe

body lift it is! thx again, guys.

sorry if i agitated you by being a noob, Vsicks. thanks for everyone's advice though, i really appreciate it.

i know there's some other forum where somebody says which lift to do first, but i couldn't find it. or i was too lazy to. idk.

time to go buy a body lift! (within the next week or so)

Don"t say sorry, no one else does! :tongue:

lol

haha, aight.

and along w/ the body lift, i'll get a new muffler and an intake system (if i can find one) while i'm at it :bounce:

You will be able to run the exhaust between the body and the chassis with a 3" body lift. By that I am saying you will never rip your exhaust system off when 4wding.