The OEM headlights are terrible... I cant see $hi#

BLouisGod

The word you're looking for there is "fluting". The DOT used to require that all glass lenses be fluted in that manner.

I just bought a set of those headlights off eBay for $106 (incl. shipping), since I just discovered that my passenger side light has gotten a bullseye. I'll be installing them as soon as they get here - the original DOT lights that we got here in the US on these trucks suck.

I intend to use them with some of the Osram Silverstars (not the US market semi-rice stuff, but the Euro ones which are completely different) that I'll be getting in next spring when my cousin gets back from England. Eventually, I'll be getting some HIDs to put in there - the prices have come down a lot, and I figure by next summer they'll be cheap enough that I can afford to get a set "just to see" how they do.

got my hi/lo bulbs for $120 shipped. I guess I will have to pick of a set of those housings. Only thing I don't like about them is they are plastic. They will eventually delaminate and get cloudy or yellow. You can get just lo beam bulbs for 80 bucks shipped (2 year warranty)

Hey GhostPath Let me know when you get those Light housings if they use the bulbs that our stock housings use or if they use a different bulb.

Mark

Edited by msavides

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3M also makes a good plastic polish. I think 3M, or someone else also make a complete kit (easily pieced together) for redoing really bad scratched or worn plexy/plastic that contains like 6 grades of sandpaper and 3 grades of polish.

5 cents for a dab of toothpaste. :) heh heh heh... Saw it a while ago on one of the Speed/Spike car shows, then tried it recently on our Acura CL. Worked like a charm, and I was super surprised. It removed all clouding and stuff, although I bet any rubbing compound and wax would probably work with a little elbow grease. Still, I'm liking these HID kits. :) I have Silverstars in both vehicles, as well as aftermarket lights on both (PIAA on the Pathy, APC on the Acura), but more is good.

• 4 weeks later...