Another One Bites The Dust...

BernieMac

As noted, really good news you are OK (how bad is the person who hit you?).

Looks like the beast took some punishment and did what is was designed to: protect you.

Almost looks like you got nailed in the right/rear, then spun and got hit again in the middle of the left side. No rollover anyway.

Daaamn, super glad to see the rig cared as much for you as you did it!! Go get another one!! Sweet combo by the way with the green and grey...I am thinking I am getting my silver 02 trimmed with grey like yours with bed liner!! Did I mention get another one??

My best to the family, and....I hope the drunk figures more of life out as well.

Daaamn, super glad to see the rig cared as much for you as you did it!! Go get another one!! Sweet combo by the way with the green and grey...I am thinking I am getting my silver 02 trimmed with grey like yours with bed liner!! Did I mention get another one??

My best to the family, and....I hope the drunk figures more of life out as well.

Ya, I loved that color combo...

The way the accident happened is that we were driving up towards an onramp to the I-5 at about 20 miles an hour when we saw this Pontiac Bonneville come flying the wrong way down the onramp we were heading to. He swerved through the traffic in the two lanes heading towards the onramp narrowly missing a bunch of cars.

Problem was he started loosing control. He was heading right at me and I swerved as much to the right as I could, but there was a bunch of poles (lamp post, traffic light post, etc...) so I couldn't get too far over. I thought I had swerved enough but as he was nearing me he suddenly turned into me and t-boned / side swiped the drivers side of the truck.

The force of the t-bone pushed us backwards about 8 feet (according to the skip marks) and slammed the back-right of the truck into one of the poles I had been trying to avoid.

The attending cop said that the speedo on the drunks car was stuck at about 40 miles an hour, which seems a little low when I remember him flying down that onramp the wrong way.

At any rate, we were extremely fortunate to not be hurt, and I am very impressed with how well the truck protect all of us. We will have to see how the insurance works out before I find out what I will buy to replace to poor Pathfinder.

If it happened in Canada, then it is a felony.

They are extremely strict. I can't even visit Canada for the next four and a half years because I have a misdemeanor DUI in CA, which in Canada is a felony and therefore an excludable offense under the Immigration Act. They run a quick background check at the border.