Pics Of My Aquarium

Orangetang

Noticed some people in here are interested in types of rock/mineral and have fairly elaborate collections and images of them. Does anyone here have a fish tank or aquarium?

I bought a Nikon D40 today as my first SLR type of camera. Many features I have yet to learn about, but still managed to get a few decent shots of a few fish in my tank. I'm having troubles figuring out how to use the flash without catching reflections or over highlighing the photos. Probably wont be a problem taking outdoor pics off wheeling though.

n668360706_1153375_8394.jpgn668360706_1153374_8045.jpg

n668360706_1153380_9385.jpgn668360706_1153378_9046.jpg

These all came from Walmart, about 1.5" in size each. Growing fast.

Nice, I particularly like the Jack Dempsey. Beware though, he'll grow up to be a nasty, murdering bastage.

Years ago I had a JD, a tiger Oscar, a tire track eel and a picostimus (sp?) in a 30+ gallon tank. Bought them tiny and grew them up to 8"+, the eel being about 15 inches long. I trained the eel and the oscar to be hand fed brine shrimp, yep, no joke... A beautiful set up with gorgeous fish!! Learned a lot and saw all sorts of suprising antics from the little swimmers.

Things went down hill though. The Jack killed the eel. The oscar stopped going after the brine shrimp, as he learned to prefer my thumb (drew blood several times). For a while it was fun to tell friends to 'feed the fish'... Then the Jack killed the picostimus (I'll never know how). Then the Oscar knocked the light and lid off of the tank and jumped out. I found him with my bare foot; he was already 1/2 dried. I let them get too big for the tank is why all hades broke loose, so be warned!!

I gave the Jack to someone, gave the tank away and called it quits for a while. Renting/moving with a large aquarium is a PITA. I always swore the next tank I set up will be 40 gallons with a current and 6-10 Pacu. Every 3-4 days I'll throw in a steak and call it good.

Seriously though, Study up, take care of the water and enjoy!!

B

I kept 3 piranahs since they were tiny babies. I'll try to get a pic from somewhere of them, but eventually they grew to around 6 inches long. Dirty little fuffers they are, before I got rid of them, two of the piranahs ganged up on the one and literally ate him till there was nothing left. Since then, I moved to a much more peaceful tank, it's also a lot easier to take care of and transport from school/home.

Specs:

20gal Long

Penguin 280 filter

Black Sand Substrate

8" Air Stone

LED Moon Light

Crappy Thermometer

Inhabitants:

Kissing Gourami

2 Mystery Snails

Glass Catfish

Common Pleco (Baby)

Angel

3 Red Eye Tetras

3 Ghost Shrimp

I'm gonna have to get a bigger FW tank in about a year or so, and I'll probably make this a SW tank.

Crappy pics from cell phone:

P1010357.jpg

P1010369.jpg

P1010352.jpg

P1010365.jpg

Cool!! :aok::beer:

Screen saver (XP) is easier to care for :lol:

Exactly! :aok::laugh:

My father used to have several aquariums... one of the walls on our living room was one huge shelf with aquariums in it from floor to ceiling. It seemed like my father worked two full-time jobs, one was earning money to keep his family alive and the other one was taking care after aquariums to keep the fish alive :lol: Almost had no time to sleep :D It sure looked awesome, but was too much time-consuming IMHO.

Nice...my roommate in college had a 29gal tank (it may be something diff but it was odd ball) and it was set up for salt water and he had a cool anomie and a clown fish that would hang out in it until he got this cool eel...then about 3 months after that the clown fish mysteriously disappeared 1 night...

We want to set up like a 50 gal salt tank here at the house but I just need to find a good deal on a tank and stand and get all the accessories...get the tank established then get some fishes...looks cool though

Mine is a 29G. A SW tank would be great, but I spend long amounts of time away from home while i'm working. It just wouldn't work. Right now I'm trying to find a used 75-100G tank for these guys, or some of them. I guess the nimbochromis venustus get around 11inches long, and aggressive (i have 3). Also my depsey should get to 8" or so, and the Kenyis are starting to mature and pick on the others. I hear even a pair of those need 75gallons or so and they'r eonly 6" full grown. I should also mention that the growth of fish in the size tank I have can be stunted because of their limited space.

Nice tanks guys. I have 3 myself. I wish one of them was a salt water, but alas I am stuck with fresh, and brackish at this point. My tanks are 29 Gal that has a Tetraodon Pustulatus one of 3 known to be in captivity in the world. Then I have a 46 Gallon bow front with a mix of Cichlids. Then my last is a 10 gal with a few bettas and loaches. Here are some pics of my lil guys:

Dupree my Tetradon Pustulatus:

DSCN0657.jpg

DupreeSkincondition1.jpg

in this pic he had a touch of nitrate poisoning (the little black spots on face)

Some of my Cichlids:

Balthazar

balthazar2.jpg

Bub

Picture11707.jpg

Gravity

Picture11701.jpg

Side view of the Cichlid tank

Picture11724-1.jpg

I have way more, but this could go on for pages hahaha. But here are a couple of vids I me and my friend Ashley made to them:

and

I hope you guys check them out...

Oh and Slick, if you want a hardcore fish like Piranah, you should look into Vampire tetras... freakin scary mean, but a very cool fish. Anyways, I think it is awesome to see some other aquarists up here. You guys have some sweet tanks! Keep it up! ... oh and don't support wal-mart fish!

Wow nice tanks :)

I had a nasty case of ich and only a few fish survived. Remodel time? I think so! Here is my newley planted 20l.

Fish:

Dwarf Gourami

3 Angels

2 Red Eye Tetras

1 pleco

Inverts:

2 Ghost Shrimp

2 Snails (breeding)

Plants:

Amazon Sword

4 leaf clover

Peacock Fern

White Ribbon

Kyoto Grass

Some floating thing I don't know

Setup:

DIY Co2

Black Sand Substrate

Rena Air 200 Pump

Penguin 200 Bio Wheel Filter

Generic Heater

28w 20in PC light w/ actinic and 10,000k

Angels

0920071256a.jpg

Overall

0920071256.jpg

0920071256c.jpg

Ghost Shrimp

0920071257.jpg

Hiding Dwarf Gourami and CO2 air

0920071258.jpg

One thing I learned really quick. The larger the tank the easier to take care of. I have a 125 gal. I practically do nothing. I set it up right, No undergravel filter. (maintanence nightmare) I have about 3 forms of bio filtration without the Undergravel filter so who needs it.

Mark

With as Warped as most of us are, excluding Tex of course.... I can not believe no one has said.....

SUSHI ANYONE????

hehe

Sorry....

I wish I had the time and the patients to do a decent tank, with the kids all they want are those nasty ugly Gold Fish.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...