Citizens Band--cb

02silverpathy

Folks, I am currently selling my terrano roof mount clino in hopes of buying a CB with the $$$, anyhow---Iknow nothing and want a good-excellent CB and more info on the best buy for antennaes...I had read a thread that involved Xcrewx/88/Vengeful/Pezz-ster/etc and it seems that Wilson 1000 antennae is awesom...just a little pricy for me at this time........please feel free to lend all sorts of notions as I have no idea about mounting the antenna (which style) or what to pick for a radio...though I definatly want weather channels and an in dash pocket sized squack box!

Thanks for your help..truck soon?--YES

Edited by 98silverpathy

for an antenna you want a firestik or firestik II 4+ feet long.

Yup, I've got a Firestik II thats 4 feet and it serves me very well. Just like Dan mentioned, I've got it tuned to just about 1:1 across all the channels. I've chatted with people on the freeway that were 50 miles away.

check ebay for all those things, i got my antenna for .99 there and ive got my cb tuned to 1:1

I like one on ebay that is the Uniden Pro-538w..........but I still don't know what makes a good CB....I had read about Firestick and also Wilson antenna's. My friend has several Antenna specialtys antenna's available but it seems that they are all for fire and rescue use.

I love my Uniden PC68 elite with weather. It's small so it fits in the dash cubbie space under my radio with no problem, but it's internals are top notch. The radio tech that peaked and tuned mine for me says it's the only 40 channel he'll work on. He said the others are too cheap to be worth the hassle. He gave me specific component examples, but it was all greek to me lol. I also get great performance from my wilson 5000 antenna. i hardly listen to my radio anymore, the cb is much more entertaining.

eh, here's a pic of my setup:

img0431qm1.th.jpg

Edited by PDCCD

I was looking at a Cobra 75WXST.

It's prolly the smallest CB i've ever seen. All funtions and controls are in the mike itself.

We have a lot of car theft issues here, so i thought this would be a great deterant.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...=ADME:B:SS:CA:1

any thoughts?

I have one, it's great. The box is tiny and the functions are easy to use because they are all right there with the pip.

check ebay for all those things, i got my antenna for .99 there and ive got my cb tuned to 1:1

$.99 Delivered? That would be a great deal!

Anymore, most sellers are slipping in beyond ludicrous S&H charges making seemingly great deals pretty mediocre deals....