About That Time Again

cohen

I've called 8 different off-road shops around here and the cheapest I found was $350 for labor with me bringing them the kit. I can get a Performance Accessories one for around $100. To me it sounds like a reasonable price. Should I be asking them any kind of certain questions like if, or should I say when, something breaks are they going to fix it and not charge me for parts?

Thanks.

Yah I did my body lift and it took a while. The problem with taking them a kit that is did not buy from them that I have found is that they charge by the hour and if the end up not having a part because you did not provide it, then they have to stop, get the parts, and then start again. So your pathy may end up in the shop for a while, if you end up having to wait for parts.

I got a quote for $600 to put in a 2" body lift with me providing the kit. I don't think so. If it happens, I'm going to do it myself. I have the kit and the previous comment is correct, the instructions are completely inadequate.

Guys....get a few friends, and basic tools and it can be done in a few hours. Statikuz's writeup on here is good and complete. It's not a tough job, just time consuming.

Guys....get a few friends, and basic tools and it can be done in a few hours. Statikuz's writeup on here is good and complete. It's not a tough job, just time consuming.

Yeah, for a 3", 3 guys and a case of beer can do it leisurely in a day. For the 2", I did mine in 4hrs by myself.

Edited by GrimGreg

• 2 weeks later...

The instructions it comes with do suck. I've had a kit sitting in my garage and decided not to put it on myself and returned it. Everything on the bottom of it is rusted because its been on the beach its whole life and I don't know how to weld so if a body mount or anything else breaks off i'd be screwed. I'd rather pay the 350 than giving up my whole truck because of something breaking and not knowing how to fix it.