Moab This Summer?

SC88Pathy

OK I have been kicking this idea around in my head for a while: I want to go to Moab this summer. This might be my last chance to go on a long trip for a the next couple of years as I am (hopefully) about to enter the 9-5 workforce.

So would any other NPORA members be up for a trip?

If you can't make it but have some knowledge of the area do you have any tips/advice for me?

can't do this summer as i have a family camping trip coming up and i have some steering issues with my pathfinder that showed up during a recent wheeling trip. i am planning a week long trip for summer of 08 though.

I'm down, im only 3 hours away from moab so its not biggie for me. Ive been there 4 times now, know the area pretty good. When would you think of doing it? July or August? It gets pretty hot right around this time so if you were going I would shoot for late July and whenever in August.

Edited by nissandoms47

I can't go this summer but I went to the Easter Safari this year. My advice is to go with someone who knows the area or get a guide book because you can get lost pretty easy. I would recommend a locker if don't have one but were thinking of buying one. The trail ratings are based on stock jeeps with a short wheelbase and many have rear lockers stock, so even the easy trails have some hard spots with an open diff. For more info on trails and ratings go to http://rr4w.com/. Hope you go and have fun.

I was thinking late July for when I'd like to go anyways, so if it will be cooler around then that would be good, seeing as how the AC doesn't work on my pathy.

I'll definatly check out the Gone Moab site.

I can't go this summer but I went to the Easter Safari this year. My advice is to go with someone who knows the area or get a guide book because you can get lost pretty easy. I would recommend a locker if don't have one but were thinking of buying one. The trail ratings are based on stock jeeps with a short wheelbase and many have rear lockers stock, so even the easy trails have some hard spots with an open diff. For more info on trails and ratings go to http://rr4w.com/. Hope you go and have fun.

I don't have a Locker, nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon. I do have the stock LSD which as far as I know is pretty good as far as stock LSD's go.