Confused With The New Forum

Mr. Pickles

Call me lost, but what the hell. How does one control their sig, basic stuff like that. This format seems to offer a bunch of flash but to me is pretty user-unfriendly. I can't seem to figure out how to manage anything about my profile really, pics in the sig, etc. Everything seems incredibly cryptic.

It takes a little getting used to....but I think I'm there. Just much different than the old software.....but I wouldn't say it's cryptic.

Oh, and dagwoodzz, the search actually does work, but it doesn't seem to like short, single word searches. IE.....I searched for "hubs" a while back and got nothing.

Pickles, go to my controls (top right corner) and it will take you to your profile, along the left hand side all the elements you can change are listed.

Pickles, go to my controls (top right corner) and it will take you to your profile, along the left hand side all the elements you can change are listed.

Yep, that worked really well :wacko:

Just look what happened to my sig when all I did was change the 100,000 km to 120,000 km (actually all I did was change a 0 to a 2).

I can see why Mr. Pickles is a little annoyed.

:shrug:

Overall I find the forum better but it has its issues, like the sig thing. I do not have a clue what happened but it was the first time I had done a change to my sig since the upgrade; maybe some of the "old" code is not compatible?

HTML is not allowed in signatures, what you're seeing is HTML code along with your sig info. I dunno why it's doing that. Just belete the extra stuff and try again. ;)

Sorry Pickle man, it's what we have to work with. I though it was a nice step up from the old forum crap. :)

Trainman, not sure if I got it alright... but I tried to fix your sig...

Your are awesome! Thanks, looks fine to me! Leafs Rule! Argos Too! (is that enough sucking up :hugs: )

Now to go check out what it looks like so I can try and figure it out.

It takes a little getting used to....but I think I'm there. Just much different than the old software.....but I wouldn't say it's cryptic.

Oh, and dagwoodzz, the search actually does work, but it doesn't seem to like short, single word searches. IE.....I searched for "hubs" a while back and got nothing.

Being new here, i'm not bitching, but the search feature is annoying. It seems anything too short gets kicked to the curb. Try finding LSD in a search. Nothing, but i've found at least two topics with just that title luckily. Only reason i bring it up is because when some stupic noob (like me) asks for some advice, "do a search" comes up. But the search feature is very finicky... Just an observation. :crossedwires:

Edited by PDCCD

Your are awesome! Thanks, looks fine to me! Leafs Rule! Argos Too! (is that enough sucking up :hugs: )

Now to go check out what it looks like so I can try and figure it out.

lol, I was concidering adding GO LEAFS! to your sig :tongue:

LOL :blush02: "My Controls" was highlighted like I was already in there, so I didn't click on it before, but I wasn't. Weird. Guess I gotta spend some time playing around. :blink: Sorry for the frustration, I'm learning a new computer, Vista, a few other things, plus the new forums- all at once. Oh, and ditto that to 88. I agree, all in all things are much nicer. Its just like home, complete with those irritating moments where you can't remember where you set down your keys. :)

LOL :blush02: "My Controls" was highlighted like I was already in there, so I didn't click on it before, but I wasn't. Weird. Guess I gotta spend some time playing around. :blink: Sorry for the frustration, I'm learning a new computer, Vista, a few other things, plus the new forums- all at once. Oh, and ditto that to 88. I agree, all in all things are much nicer. Its just like home, complete with those irritating moments where you can't remember where you set down your keys. :)

Yes, I see the fn red line. No, I won't fix, i'm going to bed . You will survive.

you know the only issue i do have is uploading pictures.. i haven't been able thusfar. it tells me it's loading them but that can go on and on, all night if i let it. :(

Ive never used the function... just get a photobucket account, or use image shack.

Ive never used the function... just get a photobucket account, or use image shack.

ditto that, much easier than loading pics on to the boards, and you can put up a much larger/better pic.