New Pathy Owner From London,ontario,canada

SnakeS

Hey everyone, I got my 1998 Pathfinder about 2 weeks ago but i finally got some pictures.

So what does everyone think I should do? I was thinking about getting a nice black manik brush gaurd and some fender flares. Are there any good aftermarket ones or could i just go to the junkyard and take ones off of a pathy that had em. If so how are they attached? Thx

post-3934-1181359668_thumb.jpg

post-3934-1181359705_thumb.jpg

nice pathy... wouldn't bother with the fender flares.. have you ever taken one off after running through some mud? yuck. paint killers.

:welcome:

You would likely have to do some drilling to attach flared from another R50, as the trucks that come with them have holes around the wheel well. see below:

27619936.jpg

I only somewhat know of one supplier for aftermarket flares for the R50's (that STILL makes them), unfortunately I dont know the name of the company, but their product is a flexible flare, that you cut to size & fit to the fenders... I can ask around, see if I can get the manufacturer if you want...

What do you plan on doing with the pathy?

I'm not a big fan of the brush guards myself, and they can, in some cases cause more damage than protection to the truck in an offroad situation, where if they hit something, they tend to bend back, and the 'hoops' that come out around the headlights get pushed into the fenders...

If you are interested in upgrading for offroad, I would say your first mods would be a good set of tires, possibly some lift, and protection (skidplates/sliders).

There's lots of info in the R50 section on these, and also the tire review thread.

Congrats on your new to you pathy! :)

yeah i just use it to get back and forth to work everyday, and in the winter for going through the snow. Also on muddy laneways etc nothing too hardcore like rockclimbing or anything like that. I just like the look of the guard just to beef it up a bit but now too much, maybe add some lighting on it.

no flares, booerns, dirt and moisture traps!

my pathy's body had little rust, or so it looked...

until i took off the fender flares..

ugh,

need i say more??

Anyway..

welcome, good to see another Canadian from ON.! :aok:

Edited by SkotZ

• 5 weeks later...