Screech From Front Right.

yozsi

Hey guys,

I'm getting this weird high pitched screech coming from the front right wheel. (people tell me it sound like a tea kettle going off) it starts at a few mph then quits at like 10-15mph. I know its not the brakes because thats just not the kind of noise it is. I dont know if the hubs are dry or something. anyone run into this sort of thing. looks like turning does not affect the noise.

are they cheap brake pads? i had some advance pads that just had the shims glued on and over a couple months time the shim would work its way down and started hitting the spindle and made a pretty mean noise...

for the hubs...does it seem like its extremely hot after driving? that would help point to the hub/wheelbearings

did you check the brakes just to makes sure they weren't down to the screecher's or possibly have a rock stuck between the pad and rotor or maybe the spash shield hitting the rotor...i'd yank the tire off and see what i saw

yea, i took the wheel off and looked. the brakes are fine, baking plate good. and the hub was not hot or anything. i have no clue.

and these are knowledgeable folks not just hearing intake noise? or possibly rear brake noise?

what about ball joints? i know wheelmans groaned until he hit about 20 and it was pretty loud...wouldnt call it a "tea kettle" noise tho...his you could just be barely rolling on a flat surface and it was bad

nah, i know what my intake noise sounds like. this is coming from my right front wheel area. its definately a tea kettle noise and its some times becomes an intermittent noise when i unload that wheel at low speeds. i think im going to pull the brakes all apart and see if i find anything.

I have the same noise and i have no idea what it is either. It did it before and after i did my breaks so its not that and i did change the hubs to warns but it does it in 4 wheel and 2 wheel.... i dunno, i cant usually hear it over my massive exhaust leak, so when something breaks ill fix it. lol

Probably a grease seal has let some sediment into the wheel bearing assembly. My guess is you could use new inner seals, and to pack those bearings. That is, of course, if you're 100% sure it's not brakes.

after a quick romp through some deep mud i think it got fixed, yup. no problems no more. that mud there took care of the problem.