What Would You Call This?

Amin

Hello,

I need your help naming this little item on pathfinder.

It's a plastic cover/guard black color for water/rain drainage on the hood, very close to front wind shield.

I have mine broken and missing and i'm trying to find those by calling junk yard, the only problem is, they not always understand what i'm looking for :)

If someone would have a part number, would be great.

Thank you

I think I am going to get the spelling wrong -- but I believe they are called "cowels"?

Its not uncommon for them to go MIA, even after replacing... I know a few guys have gotten inventive with replacement parts...

I used liquid nail to hold down the set I have now. Probably not the smartest move cuz I don't know what it will take to remove them if the need ever arises. Like Pezzy mentioned they are hard keep on.

Thank you guys, here is what i found:

86-97 NISSAN PICKUP COWL GRILL LH (DRIVER SIDE), Windshield Wiper NISSAN0 OEM# 668150S700PART# NISSAN1

86-97 NISSAN PICKUP COWL GRILL RH (PASSENGER SIDE), Windshield Wiper NISSAN0 OEM# 668140S700PART# NISSAN1

One shop at ebay has them for 9.90, but they charge $10 for shipping .

Watch how you adhere them, you need to remove them to get to some windshield wiper parts and the wells fill up with crap that can cause problems eventually. RTV ( fancy silicone) is probably a good bet.

B

• 2 weeks later...

If you pick one up at the jy make sure all the tabs on it are not broken.One broken tab and that cowl vent isnt going to hold in there good. I had to replace all 3 on mine just the other day and when I was trying to snap a few in place it would snap ok but soon as I close the hood itll pop back out so I did some inspection on the cowl vent itself and sure enough it has a few broken tabs so I snapped another one on there without a single broken tab and it has held fine