Hardbodies?

eglaisi_91pathy

Hey guys, Im looking at a local hardbody thats for sale.

1995 4x4 5spd V6

140000kms (good) about 87000 miles

Purple in color :/

rollbar

prerunner style rear bumper, nice big shackle on it

3" Body lift

31x12.5x15 TSL super swampers

American racing rims

no carpet inside, he went thru a water crossing and it came up to the doors, ruining the carpet. seats/door panels still good.

stickers everywhere

inside is a disgusting mess

needs a tailgate, new corner and signal lights.

$5500 CDN (roughly $5000 USD)

defenetly needs a little TLC. It sat in the same spot for about 2 years waiting for an inspection (came from Alberta). I went to ask him if he would sell it 5-6 months ago, he wouldnt. Now he says he wants too, he just needs to find a new truck.

seems like a good enough deal, Ive looked at it close, and theres little rust on it, and other than the tailgate, minor body damage. milage is low enough. This would be my 4th vehicle, so I need to clean house a little, which means pathy goes to another home :(

A truck seems more practical to me (even one with super swampers :tongue: )

Anyone own a hardbody? I cant find any forums just for HB's, like this site...

purple.jpg

Seems like any I see around BC for sale are either rusted to *&@$ or have way too high mileage. This one has neither rust nor high miles. Btw that picture doesnt do it justice, it was a moving shot. Ive never seen a 93+ hardbody go for less than $4000, and $4000 is a good deal around here for one. I saw a 2WD 94 that was keyed on both sides, automatic, 200,000kms for $7500.

I had one, 4 cyl, 5 speed, a 1997. Great truck...a lot more controlled than my Pathy when on the technical stuff. At any rate, I sold it with 97,000 miles in 2002 for $4500, and it was in excellent shape. $5000's hella high for a now 12 year old truck IMHO.

Opinion about it? Get the price lower and go for it!

Meh....tough to tell guys. Those fairings rust all to hell up here in Canada, and usually it's just surface....but it always looks terrible. Mine did, and it was promptly removed. I'd say to check the normal Pathy issues with it....see if they've been done. Also, see if the timing belt has been replaced. Even with only 140,000kms, the fact that it's 12 years old scares me. And if you can't do it yourself add anywhere between $700-$1000 to have it done at a shop.

Meh....tough to tell guys. Those fairings rust all to hell up here in Canada,

At the time, I lived in Connecticut with the nasty winters and mine too was (surface) rusted horribly. That was the last thing I sanded, primed and painted before I put it up for sale.

I meant no frame rust, body rust I can fix myself. I do have a couple spare T-belts hanging up in the workshop for the Pathy, and yes, I can do it myself, so I would give everything a once over. I'll probably offer him 5K canadian (4500 USD) and list all the things it needs, that usually helps