Long Time No See

Airrun2002

Wow, things have changed alot since i was here last. Im glad to see jim is finally back. Update on me is that i will be moving to Las Vegas in june, not sure if we have anybody around the area yet. Im getting the tranny replaced in the pathy (for the second time in a year, i think i got a bad torque converter) :wtf: . Im hoping i can be around alot more than i have been in the past year. I have a horrible job that i cant wait to leave. I will be an electrician in vegas. If anyone wants to get ahold of me for wheelin or just to go to the bar or somethin drop me a line Airrun2001@hotmail.com. Its good to be back. Ill try to get some recent pics of the pathy as soon as i get it back.

Aaron

And I got a new toy!!!!!!!!

post-549-1178508814.jpg

Edited by Airrun2002

im gonna extend the swingarm like 8" make it fast!

Dude, don't even waste your time! I have a 2001 CBR1100XX with 18,000 miles (set up for touring) for sale. You want fast? 140+ BHP (it's NOT the same as 120 out of a 600cc. TORQUE my man!!). 1/4 mile in a sneeze (10.2- if you can keep the front end down, I recommend 2nd gear starts and only shifting once). 180+ max speed with the stock sprockets. I crossed Nevada from Ely to Falon in 3 hours 20 minutes, not counting the burger stop.

Never raced, lightly dropped once. Ventura rack/pack, Tour Master soft bags, Mini tank bag, Cheetah SST smoke windscreen, NEF throttle lock. I put 6000 miles on it in 6 weeks in one trip, it was easy; I was camped 1/2 the time... (averaged 45mpg that trip)

You don't have any twisties in LV, not that the Blackbird can't handle them and a 600 with 8" will handle worse. Mt Charlston, some canyons and maybe Lake Mead area but thats so clogged it's useless. Yes, I know the area. You need an open road bike that has the looks. Yeah, I'm trying to sell you. $7,000 for all of it. :aok:

PM me if you want. Regardless of that, I hope you like what you have (but don't waste time butchering it)

B

Oh, be careful...

:ohno01: wow! thought we'd left you for dead aron! welcome back, and hope you don't disappear on us again :nono:

i am 8 hrs from vegas (1.5hrs onna plane lol). but there are quite a few members down that way now, and i think 1 or 2 IN vegas. :bounce:

sorry slick im not dead yet! ive been having some relationship problems the last 6 months or so but i think i got it handled now, got a beautiful girl waiting for me in vegas, things are on the up and up!! The move is june 9th i should be there morning on the 11th if anyone want to jelp with the unpacking lol. the pathy is back up and running strong i think the 3rd tranny did the trick (lets hope). B i think im alright for now this is my first bike thats why i went with the 600 didnt want to kill myself, not to mention insurance. I think ill move up to a busa after a few years. well time to go eat mmmm DQ.

Aaron

sorry slick im not dead yet! ive been having some relationship problems the last 6 months or so but i think i got it handled now, got a beautiful girl waiting for me in vegas, things are on the up and up!! The move is june 9th i should be there morning on the 11th if anyone want to jelp with the unpacking lol. the pathy is back up and running strong i think the 3rd tranny did the trick (lets hope). B i think im alright for now this is my first bike thats why i went with the 600 didnt want to kill myself, not to mention insurance. I think ill move up to a busa after a few years. well time to go eat mmmm DQ.

Aaron

sorry to hear about your (hopefully now ..past) relationship issues.... glad things are lookin up now. i am feelin a trip to vegas sometime.. but good lord. tell me when it's NOT 110 degrees out there!

sorry i can't help you unpack.. *sarcasm* i just love helping peeps move. lmao.... NOT. hope the move goes well :beer:

ps~ really glad to hear you were down but not dead ....... i worry about regs that suddenly disappear.

Sound like fun slick we will have to plan something for later in the fall im still waiting to hear from anyone in the area see wheres the best places to go. a camping trip would be fun in the fall. cant wait to meet you guys. :FartExplode-vi:

Sound like fun slick we will have to plan something for later in the fall im still waiting to hear from anyone in the area see wheres the best places to go. a camping trip would be fun in the fall. cant wait to meet you guys. :FartExplode-vi:

:bounce: ooooh! you said the magic words! camping! i lurve camping! hopefully i'll have king done int he next 2-3 months.... he puked.... so imma do it up right. :beer:

B i think im alright for now this is my first bike thats why i went with the 600 didnt want to kill myself, not to mention insurance. I think ill move up to a busa after a few years. well time to go eat mmmm DQ.

Ahh, first bike. Good thinking, but remember, you can dead yourself on a 600 almost as easy. Watch out for the cagers, they are the biggest danger(and wear ARMOR. www.newenough.com has the best prices, look at the clearance sales)!! Don't waste much $ on mods, tires and exhaust (maybe a rear sprocket) will do you fine. Just remember, 2 tires are whats keeping you in contact, so don't skimp there!!

As for insurance, yes, thats one of the reasons I'm selling it. I call an insurance company, ask for a quote, tell them what I have and they start snickering. The worst quote I got was $7,000 per year; they couldn't by law not insure me but they could make it DAMN unattractive!! (spits on the busa. it may be faster, but it is not nearly as user friendly and who goes more than 180?)

tell me when it's NOT 110 degrees out there!

After 10PM and before 10am June through September. Been there many times.

B

• 2 weeks later...

we will have to see what we can throw together later in the fall, maybe moab? or just a desert camping trip see how many ppl we can get, pm me if you are interested let me know dates that work for you.