Dog lovers

canucklehead

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my two hairy beasts, the one on the right is the boy, 100lbs., the one on the left is the girl 70lbs. The boy is half chow chow, half golden retreiver, and the girl is mostly all chow chow. The funny thing is that they are from the same litter. Mama dog had three different gentleman callers... So I guess my dogs are half brother and sister? Anyway they are really cool pups, about 2 1/2 years old now.

doggies.jpg

Man I wish my dog would get in the water, after all she is a bird dog.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get her to go in the water?

I have a GSP as well. How old is yours? Mine is 2 and will go anywhere for birds.

I have introduced a few of these dogs to water and the method I use is...

First of all, the water should be warm. It helps if the dog is young. Take pup out and play on land for a while. Then go down to waters edge and let pup sniff around. Pick up pup and wade into water until you are about as deep as the dogs elbows. Point pup to shore, put him/her down and just let it go to shore. Let it run around some more and then repeat. Gradually go out deeper until finally, the dog has to swim a bit. But always point to shore. Before you know it you will have a dog that will go in no problem.

The key is to build confidence and not let the dog have a bad experience.

Hope this helps.

Cats can be pretty annoying sometimes, but that bonsai kitten thing is just sick and wrong, I don't care who you are. ;) Stick to the bonsai trees. =)

Don't have a dog or a cat, but I have a friend who has a pretty cool dog [golden retriever I think] who is pretty sharp. ;)

Bonsai Kitten is a long-standing joke. They just put the kitten in the jar long enough to take the pics and then let it go back to batting balls of yarn around the house. ;) No harm done, it was OK afterwards.

I don't know about that dude.

Check out the link on the page, especially the 3rd one. I think that's pretty f bad. Shootin up the poor kitty with stuff; Cruelty at least. :(

see here