What is it that's missing?

ShadowManR6

i am missing some spacer/washer and nut is there sometin else? what exactly are those so i can go down and pick these up, and what are the worries as far as do i dare drive like that, went out muddin and just noticed those missin from the passangers front side

Passenger Side

P1010014.JPG

Drivers Side

P1010015.JPG

Edited by ShadowManR6

those are the uca spindle nuts and washers.might wanna get on that. Also you might wanna look at getting some new shocks those look like my old stock ones.mine hadnt been replaced for 12 years i took them out and could compress them with my hands

Pics werent showing earlier when I saw this thread...

I would highly recomend not driving until you get that Spindle nut and washer back on there...

What Suspension Parts did you get? New UCA's, You could pick up some Spindles and hardware from a JY. Might want to do that just based on that sucker coming off...

Yeah, holy crap, do not drive that truck. Without that nut on there, I'm sure its putting a whole lot more stress on the rest of the mounting points for that UCA than they were designed for, basically the other nut and the bolts through the spindle to the frame. I'd imagine this missing nut would allow some forward and back movement, which I would be afraid could end up shearing the bolts to the frame, then you're really screwed. My question is, why did it come off? Is there any indication it stripped off the spindle? That would take a while to just work itself loose and come off completely.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

it was too dark before i could inspect further, stopped by local hardware store and didn't find any sized nut/washer that i wanted so went to nissan and for 2.78 got everything i needed, gonna be taken a look at the spindle in the mornin and see if it's possible that it mighta stripped. as for the lift kit just bought the complete 3inch rs5000 kit from 4x4parts, but if the spindles stripped looks like ill be grabbin one those too

so finally checked into it, turns out the threading is stripped on it so off to find a 'upper link spindle' anyone know if this happens to come with the suspension lift kit that comes from 4x4parts? if not anyone happen to have junk with this in it or find/know of a place that would sell, not having too much luck yet, gonna head to nissan in the mornin to find out how much the sucker is

Edited by ShadowManR6

Just what I suspected. There are a bunch around here in the jy's, I was just a couple yards 2 weeks ago or so. I'm out of town this weekend, or I could pull one easy. I dunno what they would charge, but shipping wouldn't hopefully be too bad if you have to wait. If local guys are looking, South Hill Auto Wrecking and especially Meridian Auto Wrecking should have them. Meridian is high priced, but they had like 3 or 4 pretty new trucks in when I went 2 weeks ago that their computers didn't even have listed at the desk. I wouldn't think Nissan would want TOO much for a new part, but ya never know. :shrug:

i can go to the JY this weekend if its not raining and pull a UCA for u and possibly go ahead and press out the connecting rod if u need it and can wait there were 5 pathy's at the JY this past weekend and all still had their front suspensions

alright sounds good..im going sat anyways...i saw a spoiler and hinges last sunday so im going to grab that for my 87...plus i always like to see what i can find up there so if u just shoot me a PM on fri night i'll check B4 i leave on sat morning...

the entire control arm would be $15...say gimmie $5 for pulling it and then whatever shipping is and i dont have a problem doing it if u dont find 1...and i could possibly check with my buddy on pressing out the connecting rod cuze its a PITA and pretty much impossible without a press

I just did new(to me) Calmini UCA's on my pathy, and I still have the stock uca's. If you pay for shipping I could send one up to you. Which btw, I had to grind the hell out of them so the shock wouldn't rub. arg.

Edited by Extreme90path

My Calmini did not come with the spindle.... I also did not have to grind anything to get it to fit...

i didnt think most of them did...the "spindle" thats being refered to is the top rod with the 2 holes that mate it to the frame...i always thought that was the connecting rod...and from the pic thats what it looks like i just wanted to make sure it wasnt the actual spindle (where the wheel bearings seat) that your looking for...