Newbee here in Richmond,VA w/?'s

4PAWS

Hello to all,

I just recently bought my first Nissan Pathfinder, Red/Burgundy? 95' XE. I call it super STOCK. It doesn't even have power locks :o oh well. It seems to be in really good shape, only 84k miles. The previous (original) owner was an older guy who pretty much just drove back and forth to work. ANYway...

When I first started searching the web to see what was out there on my Pathfinder I came across the Nissan Performance Mag project Pathfinder. WOW :cool2: what a find. I purchased mine for the exact same reason. even more :cool2:

So a couple of questions... what are some opinions on this Project Car article? Obviously I am not going to spend thousands of dollars on Volk Racing wheels. I will save those for my autocross car. But I do like the color and style. Is there anything elses out thier similar, but more practicle?

The article mentions Nissan Motor Sports parts. I called a place and they said they never made a muffler like described. What gives??? I would also like to find out where to get the cams they mention and how much are they?

A different type of question...

Where to mount amps, crossovers, etc. if I was to put something in? I am not looking to make this into some glitzed up bass machine. However I would like to improve the factory system with some bass. I have a lot of stuff left over from pryor upgrade and things, just can't see where everyone put things and still have usable space.

***Also, I only briefly, but can someone direct me to a good existing hole in the firewell that I can run a "Hot" wire through )ie power lead.

I am sure I will have many more questions later. I am already looking around for a good muffler, cat and the JWT filter setup and ECU.

PLEASE :beer: I'm all ears and waiting for everyones replies, questions and comments.

Thanks

There should be a hole on the driver side (has a metal cover with 2 bolts I believe....I loosened it up and ran wires through there.) I'm no stereo genius, but my amp is mounted to the back of the back seat (not the safest place if you fold them down for cargo space, but not too many options there....the side of cargo area(build protective cover?) crossovers can go in the tail light compartments in the back, under the dash, inside the doors or anywhere else yo see fit...... sssh heres a clip of my new muffler Flowmaster-40 w high flow cat, th_PathyFlowmaster.jpg

Welcome

WAVEY

Edited by govols74n

Richmond eh??? im currently going to school at VCU, so if you ever need any help working on your pathy, im here to help!!!!!

oh and GO RAMS!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO nice job tonight beating GMU!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments so far guys. Keep it up. :beer: I still have a LOT of unanswered questions from my original post... -bounce- 1. comments on the NPMAG Project Pathfinder 2. Please help me about my CV Boot dilemma. I am afraid to drive it like that. I mean with the CV Boot ripped, it has to be letting out all its lube. And I can't believe driving it like that can't hurt. So how serious and how much to fix and who in the area??? I just do not have the time myself right now. :help:

Welcome to NPORA! Looks like we got two things in common here; not only do I live in Richmond, VA as well (southside, near Meadowbrook Highschool) but I also drive a '95 XE that is burgundy/red.

Where exactly in Richmond are you?

Oh, and for the CV's.. I had one of mine crack about 6 months ago and I had my uncle replace it. I'm pretty sure the part cost around 75 bucks, but don't quote me on that. I don't know how much the labor would normally cost at a dealership or anything, my uncle does most of the stuff to my car for next to nothing.

Edited by ~Ben~

Hey Ben,

Yeah, our Paths look pretty identical. I'm in the fan. Maybe after I get some things done we can hook up and find some off roadn to do. I would really like to find some more similar Paths to look at and compare thing to. I am looking at putting on a better exhaust soon. Any SHOP recommendations?

Well I haven't personally done many mods to my pathy yet. I've just got Warn Manual Hubs, and a slightly upgraded sound system (Sony Deck and 4 Xplod 5x7 speakers). My friend (who used to own an r50) had a MagnaFlow installed on his car, for something like 40 bucks, which included a new muffler too. Sounded real good, once i get a job this summer i"ll probably do the same.

I can't really remember what the name of the place was that did it for him, but its somewhere out near the Matoaca/Colonial Heights area. Near where I go to school actually, so its probably a ways to go for you. But might be worth it, since it won't cost much. I'll ask my friend tomorrow what the name of the place is.

The article mentions Nissan Motor Sports parts. I called a place and they said they never made a muffler like described. What gives??? I would also like to find out where to get the cams they mention and how much are they?

A different type of question...

Where to mount amps, crossovers, etc. if I was to put something in? I am not looking to make this into some glitzed up bass machine. However I would like to improve the factory system with some bass. I have a lot of stuff left over from pryor upgrade and things, just can't see where everyone put things and still have usable space.

***Also, I only briefly, but can someone direct me to a good existing hole in the firewell that I can run a "Hot" wire through )ie power lead.

Welcome! :beer:

You can get a Borla kit that can bolt right in. Not to sure on the price though. Try my dealers website at Nissanparts.cc . Tell them Derek recommended that you get a price on the exhaust there.

I ran my power wire threw the harness grommet in the left front fender well. It passes just above and left of where your left foot is.

Here is a pic of my amp and sub. All the door and roof speakers are stock and it sounds pretty good. Easily removable sub and secure amp.

post-19-1173396426.jpg

Edited by 5523Pathfinder