12 Step program

govols74n

Overview of the 12 Step Program

The 12 Step program has its origin in the formation of Pathfinders Anonymous (P.A.) in the 1980s. The major text for P.A. is called " Pathfinders Anonymous", also known as "The Big Book". The Big Book has gone through four editions, with the latest version available from the Pathfinders Anonymous World Services, Inc. The Big Book is an account of Govols74n (Ron V.), and friends and how the formation of P.A. came about and how it worked for them. The book is primarily biographical in nature and lays out the 12 steps in the context of the lives of those in P.A. There are other books that lay out the steps in a more methodical manner, such as the book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, (known as the "12 and 12"). Since the 12 Step program has been the most successful overall recovery program to date for Pathfinderism and has been applied to other off road addictions as well, then there are of course a myriad of other books and websites( http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?act=idx )that assist in destroying the 12 step program in a variety of contexts and from different angles (for example, you can POHO or find new ways to boost your addiction on this site by adding more and more gimmicks and gadgets to your Pathfinder for various reasons further adding to the need of a12 Step program).

The 12-step program as it has been propagated since the early days of P.A. is about finding freedom from the pull of addictive off road behaviors. That may sound like a simple thing to some people, but anyone who has battled addictive behaviors knows that in practice it can be anything but simple. It can be difficult, frustrating, confusing and sometimes life threatening or lethal as one tries to battle the sly ways of their addiction to the Nissan Pathfinder. Hopefully at this 12 Step.org site you will find some information and tools that will help you to better understand how 12 Step programs work and decide if they are applicable to your life or the life of someone you care about. The 12 Step program, worked well, can bring order, simplicity and clarity to the recovery process and make it easier to experience the serenity and strength that comes from true recovery of the Pathy addiction, as some would call it.

As mentioned, the 12 Step program has proven successful in dealing with Pathfinderism and has been applied to many other addictive behaviors. In dealing with other addictive behaviors besides Pathfinderism, however, comments from the book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions (p. 64-65) about Step 6 are quite relevant. It brings up the relevant question of how much an addictive behavior is based on natural, God-given talents versus how much an addictive behavior is contrary to our natural instinct to survive in the brush, mud, snow, water or sand and so can more simply be done away with entirely.

Step 1• We admitted we were powerless over our love for the Nissan Pathfinder----that our lives had become unmanageable.

Step 2• Came to believe that no Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Not with the Pathy in our lives.

Step 3• Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our Pathy God, as we understood Him.

Step 4• Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Step 5• Admitted to the Pathy God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our addiction.

Step 6• Were entirely ready to have the Pathy God bless us with plenty of obstacles to overcome.

Step 7• Humbly asked Him to un-pave our way to endless bliss.

Step 8• Made a place for of all persons we had things in common with, and it became NPORA.

Step 9• Made direct amends to such people and their Pathfinders wherever and whenever possible.

Step 10• Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Step 11• Sought through forums and POHOS to improve our conscious contact with the Pathfinder God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

Step 12• Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Pathfinderholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Oh wait….these are the 12 Steps to being a Pathfinderholic!

:beer::aok::D

Edited by govols74n

Hi Slick.

My Name is Smashfinder, and I have come here to tell everyone that I too am a Pathaholic. I've been about ten minutes without a joy ride.

I think I'm going to have a regression soon...

Also, I'm a lurker

Hi Slick.

My Name is Smashfinder, and I have come here to tell everyone that I too am a Pathaholic. I've been about ten minutes without a joy ride.

I think I'm going to have a regression soon...

Also, I'm a lurker

be strong. take that joy ride if it will relax you. sometimes i find just looking out my front window at my pathy's sitting side by side helps to relax me.... look at wheelin pics of your pathy's.... that's helpful to stop withdrawls too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...