Another bumper Question

trogdor

I have an 03 pathy and I was wondering if the the bumper mounting points are the same as in a 96 -99, because I have found only one ARB for my pathy, and I have seen some pathys on here with the bumper that I really want, like the one that pezzy has. I just cannt find it :shrug: so any help would be awsome.

I believe that the bumper pezzy has is a TJM and i think they stopped makeing bumpers for R50's becasue there wasnt enough demand for them. Arb is the same story.

Not true.

They agreed to make more of them just a month ago, however, they they backed out of the deal giving a lame excuse. They're a bunch of hosers, and their bumper quality isn't even all that great.

Let's try Shrockworks again. Anyone in, or near, Houston want to give them your truck for a month?

Thanks for the link, i know 99.5-2004 are the same, but what about the older R50s like the 96-99, because my dad has a 98 and I found a bumper for him that I would like to see on mine. -bounce- bouncy bouncy!!

Edited by trogdor

The bumper mounting points for all years 96-04 are the same. The main difference between the 96-99 and the 99.5-04 is the position of the grille. The newer models have a grille that sticks further forward than the older models. So, you could use an ARB bumper on an older model, but there would be a gap between the grille and the top surface of the bumper. Or, you could use an aftermarket bumper designed for the older models on a newer one, but there may be clearance issues between the hood/grille and the bumper. Pezzy, who has a TJM bumper on a 99.5-04, had to grind off the CB antenna tab to fit it. The winch clutch lever is also inacessible from the top.

Not true.

They agreed to make more of them just a month ago, however, they they backed out of the deal giving a lame excuse. They're a bunch of hosers, and their bumper quality isn't even all that great.

Let's try Shrockworks again. Anyone in, or near, Houston want to give them your truck for a month?

tjm backing our on fabbing bumpers for the R50....hmm seems like they dont make them for R50 anymore now doesnt it?

TJM hasnt made them in some time... there was a chance, up until a week or so ago, when it was once again confirmed, TJM will not be making more for the R50. :(

The only ARB made is listed for the 99.5-04. It sounds like it fits the older ones, but might have a gap between the grill and bumper. I took a measurement on mine the other day but never heard back from someone with an older Pathfinder.

Does anyone have a pic of this "huge" gap. One of these bumpers is in my future, and I want to see what needs to be done.

We will soon, I know of two people who have recently bought an ARB for an 96-99...