dist rotor

packie88

Shoulda done it sooner! Oh wait, that's no freakin' help at all...

Basically, the rotor is rather fused to the shaft due to being there so long. Try depositing a little PB Blaster along the seam and then gently tap on the side of the rotor with a small hammer while pulling firmly. The tapping will help dislodge the crap fusing them together.

To prevent recurrence, smear a very thin film of dielectric grease on the shaft before installing the new one.

I had the same problem. What I did is broke the top of the rotor off, there was a small screw that you will need to unscrew and the base to where the rotor is in contact with will come out. from there you will need to spray the contacts with either pb blaster or wd-40 then try to remove. clean the bronze base off and reinstall. This is how I did it, don't know if it is the correct method or not, but you may want to check the timing, cause I accelerated it a bit.

haha, ive had issues with this too. I have had luck with the flathead screw driver to pry it off. usually pops off. BUT, it does bend the thin metal on the top of the distro. havent had a problem tho.

Be very carefull with that, your crank angle sensor is housed under it.... you do not want to damage that :nono: $$

yea son, use a pair of them there vise grips to bust the hell outta the plastic, then grab that there remaining part an twist that bitch off. then polish off that shaft there. remember to apply some that whaddyacallit, uhhh antiseize. yea there yah go boyahh.

Edited by yozsi

Guest SuperSon

I was going to do a how to on this last night.This happened to me twice.darn rotor. I thought I was the only one having this problem with the rotor.I put some anti seize on the new one I installed last year

like what snake said..Drill a hole on top of the rotor and take that screw out.NEVER try to twist that rotor off.after you take the screw out take those 2 tiny philips head screw that holds the gold dust cover off and gently lift that up.

I used a small bearing puller to pull my old seized up rotor this time but the first time I scored the side with a cut off wheel and stuck a flat head and gave it a twist and that sleeve just broke apart

rotor.jpg

d1.jpg

When I tried to twist off the rotor on my first one I bent those 2 tabs or prong and when I tried to bend them back one broke so my old one right now only has one tab or prong

d2.jpg

Edited by SuperSon