which aftermarket upper control arm?

twotirefryer

so i priced out two of em

calmini-$350/pr plus ship, beefy as hell. for 3" lift. do the factory upper balljoints fit in these? http://www.purenissan.com/control_arms.htm

superlift-$314/pr shipped, P/N# 6065 no link available

tough country???? fill in the blanks here if you can

the superlift look to be ok, not nearly as beefy as the calmini. for the extra few bucks, i'm REALLY leaning towards the latter.

any complains on either control arms?

LOL yeah, tough country=typo, my bad.

so the bushings suckin the calmini parts? is this a widespread problem?

Actually there is a Tough Country suspension company, but they don't make/sell UCA for Pathfinders ;)

Some like them, some don't. I think there have been more reported problems with those that the SL/RC arms.

AC's arms seem to have a bit of a rep of not being consistent in quality... maybe you were lucky and have a set that were made on a good day :shrug:

Give me a couple of years and I'll give my opinion on the TCs :P , but until then all I can tell you is that the Calminis are not worth the $$. Since I noticed my bushings were shot, I have been reading around and have not heard anything positive about them.

plus RC UCA already come drilled with zerk fittings

That I didn't know...good to hear.

plus RC UCA already come drilled with zerk fittings

$205 for A/C's without zerks, $315 for superlift with zerks. When I installed the zerks on mine it only took about 15 minutes to drill, tap and install all of them. I guess someone will need to chime in here who has had a problem with the A/C arms. Still cant see paying a extra 100 bucks for zerks(that is if there are not other problems).

Still cant see paying a extra 100 bucks for zerks(that is if there are not other problems).

That's why you buy the Rough Country arms for $165 (dropped at your door) ;)

*They are made by SuperLift and other than the color, they are the exact same parts :aok:

i got mine about a year and a half ago, and my wife works in Michigan, i had em shipped there. Theres a local dealer in my town for rough country now too. So if any 'canucks' out there are interested, let me know and i can get you in contact with the canadian dealer.

The AC arms suck, yes. The bushing tubes are cut wrong evidently, I had to cut down the stock sleeves and bushings a little to get them to fit right. The welding was poor with a few holes in a few places I could see, and above all, the balljoint mounting surface is not angled to provide a better balljoint angle when cranking the t-bars like the SL/RC arms have.

Basically, the AC UCA's are built nearly flat. The Superlift and Calmini and SLR arms are all built with an angle to them to keep the balljoints within a semi-decent range of angle to compensate for the torsion bars being cranked up. The AC UCA's are also built poorly in that the spindle bushings don't fit into the arms all the way and you have to either mod the bushings themselves or cut down the sleeves to get them to NOT slide back and forth on the bushings, which is generally NOT considered a good quality in UCA's. Here's a pic of a stock UCA, the AC UCA and a Superlift UCA side-by-side. Note that the AC UCA is noticeably shorter than the Superlift UCA and sits nearly flat on the floor, while the stock UCA and Superlift UCA have a nice angle to them.

sluca2.jpg

And here's one of how the bushings fit on the AC UCA. Note that there is about 3/16" of bushing sticking out on either side that does not fit into the UCA like it should.

ucabadfit.jpg