Calmini UCA Bushings are shot

SkinnyPedal

With Simon's help, I have determined that my Calmini UCA bushings are shot. They lasted only a couple of years, and apparently this is good for these particular bushings? :confused:

Anyhoo, is anybody running the Calmini UCAs with non-Calmini bushings? I have no sweet clue if the Calmini's are a different size from the OEM. All that I know is that I don't want to put these back on there!

I do not believe they are the same as the Stock ones... Got some pics of what your warn ones look like??? I know what they are new and with 6k on them...

*Interested in the answers and what we can swap them with*

I'm pretty sure a stock bushing would not work. If it did, it would be entirely by chance, not by design.

I do not know if any other brands of poly bushings (like rough country's) would be the same OD. Do you know any machinists? You may have to have new ones custom turned out of the material of your choice.

Yikes.... Wayner, probably not the answers you wanted to hear. I still have my roughcountry UCA's out of the truck, so if you pull one out, we could test fit one of my bushings.

Thanks for the feedback guys and thanks Simon, sounds like an good idea. I considered going back to Calmini and see what they will do for me, but who has the time to deal with that? Best case scenario would be another set of the same crappy bushings anyway.

Where did you order your Superlifts from? I may just order the whole set and steer clear of Calmini products in the future.

Roughcountry.com. They're Superlift arms, rebranded for RoughCountry. They were $172US shipped to Rochester. They don't show the arms on their site, but they're part of the Hardbody lift kit. Call and ask for the arms.

Skinny,

How many miles do you have on your lift?

SuperSon Posted on Feb 6 2007, 11:32 AM

Rough country only claims a 1.5-2 inch lift compared to calminis at 3

I would suggest getting the RC's if you dont like them, Ill buy them from you... Based on your other post you were spending alot of $$$$ on the stuff you were looking at getting...

Offer still stands for you to drive my 91 around a bit....

That's just suggestion. Lots of people are running them around 3" It's just to keep the suspension travel closer to center, so you have both up, and downtravel with a modest lift.

This has been said several times, but evidently bears repeating:

Changing the control arms results in exactly 0" of lift. Period. All they do is:

1) Modify the ball joint angle to reduce stress on it when lifted, and

2) In the case of the RC/SL arms, modify the camber so the wheel is vertical when lifted.

What changes the ride height is the preload on the torsion bars. You can crank the t-bars all the way to until the LCA's top out against the stop with any UCA.

Edited by mws

Guest SuperSon
Skinny,

How many miles do you have on your lift?

I would suggest getting the RC's if you dont like them, Ill buy them from you... Based on your other post you were spending alot of $$$$ on the stuff you were looking at getting...

Offer still stands for you to drive my 91 around a bit....

I already have the calmini but if this rough country performs better Ill sell the calmini and buy the RC instead or get my wife a pathy just so I can use both and compare them :aok:

Guest SuperSon

Isnt that a used car dealership?I might drive by there later. Seen a white one in front of babies r us the other day but it was gone by the time I drove back in there from walmart

I assume you have Calmini bushings?  Thanks for the offer, but I just ordered a set of RC's yesterday.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? I called today to order some and they told me $255. That's a lot more than what others have been paying.

Edited by NC95Pathfinder

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? I called today to order some and they told me $255. That's a lot more than what others have been paying.

When I ordered them, I called twice, the first time I was quoted something retarded like $249, so then I talked to a few people to confirm that was insane... called back a couple weeks later and was quoted $172, shipped to a US address...

no idea what went wrong the first time...

DUDE.....that sucks.  Did they at least use lube?!?!?

I've heard UPS is the worst for brokerage/duty charges.

No lube even, bone dry! Not even the courtesy of a reacharound :P

$26.25 GST (fair enough)

$39.10 BROK FEE (face getting red)

$2.35 GST ON BROK FEE (for some reason, this is the one that gets me worked up)

Anyhoo, my rule of thumb is to prepare myself for double the cost I see on any US-based web site, and it is still below that, so I am happy-"ish".

I will be happy-"er" when my truck steers straight again and I forget about all of the costs. WAVEY