Hi Power back up lites

Sounds like too much work to me... lots of people just mount a single floodlight either below their bumper or on the spare tire carrier [if you have one] and wire it up to the backup light wire.

I got some 50W halogen 1156 replacement bulbs for my reverse lights. They simply replace the standard bulb. You could also consider using white LED bulbs, they're getting cheaper now and there's tons of them on Ebay. Some generic rybber-housing 55W tractor/farm implement lights from NAPA cost $13 each and work great for backup lights. If you break one, you're only out $13.

I have replacement hyper white bulbs for my reverse lights, The first time I ever use them were on my Maxima, I loved them and will never have anything else. Def. bright enough for night time and you dont have to do any customization.

I picked up a pair of cheap driving lights and mounted them under the rear bumper. I ran power from the battery through the roof of the interior with a relay triggered off the wire going to the factory backup lights. Works great! Cost me $30 in parts and a half day in labour.

I am thinking of mounting the lights to the rear roof rack so they are more useful when backing up a trailer at night!

I welded on some tabs on each side of my roof cargo basket and used a couple of tractor floods. Great for turning tight corners around trees during night runs and for setting up camp in the dark on those weekends when you leave the city late after work.

The lights are also great for any of us with dark tinted windows backing up pretty much ANYWHERE at night. ;) I put my old P.O.S. fog lights from the front back there, one on each side of my reciever hitch, and angled out a bit. I also did like 88 did on my old 85 Nissan 4x4, switched lights rather than relayed to the back-up lights. Its easy, but be careful of 2 things. 1) rRmember to turn them off! Dead batteries suck! 2) Be careful where you use them, such as tailgaters. Cops are REALLY not fond of this. sssh