Dust curtains

fondo

Any one have any ideas for dust curtains (wheel wells) and how to hang them properly. Mine are pretty well f'd. Do you guys even try to replace them once they've deteriorated. Thanks

the little rubber things? i took those off long time ago as i got tired of having to mess with them everytime i need to do something in that area.

how are the big plastic fender liners attached to each other? mine are just loose and sometime, in really windy conditions my tires rub on them as they tend to bend out that much. there are holes there but i don't recall any fasteners. thanks

I bought a role of this black plastic stuff at Home depot. They use it for walk ways and steps. I just cut it to size and screwed it in with sheet metal screws. Its still holding up after 2 years.

that's exactly what I did. It cost me about $14 for the roll and i traced my old ones on it and cut them out. I could even re-use the old snaps the held them to the wheel well. :aok:

This was my first attempt at a how to. :lol:

how to!

The material skrillaguerilla & KILLVOX used is cheaper and probably a better fit than pond liner. If you glue some wire mesh between layers it will prevent ripping later.

If you come up with something different let us know. No one has perfected it yet!

I bought a role of this black plastic stuff at Home depot. They use it for walk ways and steps. I just cut it to size and screwed it in with sheet metal screws. Its still holding up after 2 years.

same here with some stainless hardware...i had to use cardboard to make templates tho since mine were MIA...i got the some pretty thick stuff and i think i got maybe 4 feet worth of it and i have a ton left over...they've been going strong for about 4 or so years without any issues and we actually just made some for my roommates grandprix

and if yours are missing all together, i know a really great guy who may be willing to send oyu the patterns he made for all 4 wheel wells. i have the patterns, but haven't made mine yet.

and that great guy is Mr Pickles ;)

that's exactly what I did. It cost me about $14 for the roll and i traced my old ones on it and cut them out. I could even re-use the old snaps the held them to the wheel well. :aok:

Me too. I also added 3" to the middle to account for the extra gap from the body lift.

and if yours are missing all together, i know a really great guy who may be willing to send oyu the patterns he made for all 4 wheel wells. i have the patterns, but haven't made mine yet.

and that great guy is Mr Pickles wink.gif

Helluva guy. :D I only did the fronts though (for now, rear to follow someday).

I suggest leaving those rubber covers on especially on the passenger side as the brake lines are right there. Mine must have been missing for a while because the brake lines right there are rusted pretty bad. I actually took a PVC place mat and put it on there...it's ghetto but serves the purpose.