A new member

MadManMike

Hi My name is Mike,

This is a great website!.. I ran across it while searching google for some pathfinder questions.

I just bought my first pathfinder.

It's a 1995 with 105k on the original engine.

-Roof rack

-MoonRoof

-Leather interior

-Heated Seats

-window tint ( too dark for my liking )

Only thing wrong with it is the wiring for accessories, looks like they had an after market security system installed that they removed (in a hurry :huh: ) before sale.

Here are some pics:

356418238_99f02721da.jpg

Interior:

352474912_f5b66960d4_m.jpg

Rear Interior:

352474907_8f7626158e_m.jpg

I am sure I will have tons of Q's for you guys once the weather gets warm enough to work on my pathy :)

Thanks for letting me join!

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

QUOTE (Casey.T @ Jan 13 2007, 06:58 PM)

Welcome 

So whos going to ask him about his Timing Belt???? 

I don't like the way you said "Timing Belt".... 

It's just that you're right at the mileage interval for replacement, if the P.O. hadn't done it.

It's just that you're right at the mileage interval for replacement, if the P.O. hadn't done it.

Ahh okay,

Well I just asked for a quote from my local Japanese auto repair too replace the timing chain. I also noticed it's missing the AC belt.. so I will replace that as well.

What else should I have replaced?

Probably the water pump eh?

I don't want to spend too much... buying the car was painful enough on my wallet :P but I figured I would have to spend about around $700 or so for maintenance as with any used car.

Thanks for your help and Kind comments/welcomes... and the timing belt tip... I would have though that with the V6 they would have been made with timing chains.

My brother has a 86 Toyota 4 runner that's timing belt (or chain) got worn out and loose and ate through the housing causing all of his coolant to leak out and resulting in a blown head gasket. So I know all too well how important replacing a timing belt can be :)

-Mike

Welcome Mike :beer:

If you are not 100% sure that belt has recently been changed... change it. The $20-30 belt (part cost) is not worth the entire engine -thnkboutit-

The engine is of the interference design and if the belt goes then the valves and the pistons meet.. not at all a pleasant thought :nono:

An 86 Yota has a chain, it's likely that the one or both of the plastic guides broke allowing the chain to rub against the aluminum timing cover. Let your brother know that metal guides are available as a future option :aok: