GreenEnvy94Pathy

What would buy?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What would buy?

• "Classic" 2-door XE-V6 roll up windows, no A/C, no LSD
    • "Classic" 2-door SE-V6 power windows, locks, A/C, LSD
    • "Heritage" 4-door XE-V6 roll up windows, no A/C, no LSD
    • "Heritage" 4-door SE-V6, power windows, locks, A/C, LSD

I have a 2005 Pathfinder SE Offroad 4x4, a 2002 Xterra SC/SE 4x4, and a 1995 Pathfinder SE 4x4 with LSD & 5 speed.

This is where my dream takes off, stay with me here for a moment. I would love to see Nissan do a "Heritage" or "Classic" edition Pathfinder. Use the old WD-21 body style, use the new 2005 and up Pathfinders 4.0 litre engine (270 hp), the 2005 and up Pathfinders new 5spd automatic transmission. Ditch all the electronic nannies, use some 4wd parts from the original Pathfinder (WD-21), and some from the 2002-2004 Xterra. Price it anywhere from $25,000 for a 2 door "Classic Pathfinder", up to $30,000 for a fully loaded 4 door "Heritage Pathfinder", and limit production to 10,000 per year. And then use some marketing money and SHIFT_History!

I cant be the only one who dreams of this, am I?? :idea:

agreed. LSD's suck compaird to lockers. but the WD21 LSD was a DAMN good unit. and if your not going to mod the truck any, the LSD makes a WORLD of difference in the pathys. I LOVE my LSD. but a locker is wayyyy better.

classic 2 door. with NO power options at all. NOTHING. I would like one with out a radio even.the only electronic thing I would like is a blower motor. but NOTHING else.

agreed. LSD's suck compaird to lockers. but the WD21 LSD was a DAMN good unit. and if your not going to mod the truck any, the LSD makes a WORLD of difference in the pathys. I LOVE my LSD. but a locker is wayyyy better.

classic 2 door. with NO power options at all. NOTHING. I would like one with out a radio even.the only electronic thing I would like is a blower motor. but NOTHING else.

What about distributor?....Head lights? :D

Couldn't resist :hide:

i guess it would be a cool idea, but part of the reason i like my pathy is that it was so cheap... I dont think i would buy a brand new "reproduction" for $20k, i would rather find a fixer upper, and spend whats leftover on upgrades..but thats just me

it would be nice to have 270hp though :)

Edited by gxl90rx7

i guess it would be a cool idea, but part of the reason i like my pathy is that it was so cheap... I dont think i would buy a brand new "reproduction" for $20k, i would rather find a fixer upper, and spend whats leftover on upgrades..but thats just me

id do it, just because id like having a new car, that looked and drove like the one i love :)

Any NISMO kit that Nissan put out would probably be priced way above what it's worth in the first place. I can imagine them only selling the kit if you buy a brand-new 4.0...and who wants the headache of re-fitting all the new electronics and emissions system into an older vehicle that'll be smog-exempt in a few years anyway?

Aside from that, dreaming is cool, but this idea is never going to happen. Nissan won't revert to old-school manufacturing methods just cause a few Pathy owners like their WD21's...

Well, Green, I for one agree with you with respect to that "retro" thing... I'd be happy if they decided to bring out the original WD-21 anyway... If Volkswagen can market their "city Jetta" (the previous generation jetta still being produced in Mexico) alongside the newest Jetta, your dream isn't necessarily is far-fetched as some might think. I'd go look hard at a "new" WD-21 at the dealership... (keep rubbing that rabbit's foot of yours!)