New here, looking forward to this

dodgerex

Hello, im new on here, and a little new to the off roading bit. my bro is big into it, but he drives a jeep. and i just traded in my dakota for a 03 pathfinder. i really wanna give it the agressive style and abbility for off roading while also not totaly diminishing my gas milage. if anybody could help id greatly appericiate it. B)

the first thing im looking forward to do is put a 2" lift on it and bigger tires. what ever size can fit with a 2" lift that is. Plus anything else that i should do or know would be great as well.

HI there, you'll soon learn the market for modding our rigs is nowhere the same as the Jeep market -- but thats no reason you cant do a few things and head out with your brother on the trails...

You will find the mods you do will kill your mileage somewhat... but I think it's worth it... for the fun you can have offroad. I see you want tires, one way that will help milage, is instead of getting mudders, go with AT's. Or only run the MT's when youre heading to the trail. I upgraded my stock tires to a set of 31's - Bridgestone AT Revos - and I love em. I may get fun of for having 'wimpy AT's' but they've never let me down... Also, I didn't notice too much change in my milage when I got them (I lifted the truck at the same time too). If you lift your truck, installing manual locking hubs (ie. Warn) will help lessen the wear on your CV's and also help your milage a tad...

Check out the R50 (96-04) section for more info on lifts & tires.... theres a stickied thread there all about lifting your pathy, and there are prob about 432 threads about tire sizes. :)

Welcome to NPORA! B)

w00t another R50!

Welcome to the boards, and to the modding addiction :P You'll find everything you're looking for in here somewhere. :beer:

Also, you will soon see that Pathy's are incredibly capable in stock trim as well. Just make sure you get some (as previously suggested) AT's at the very least before trying any deep stuff. Enjoy!

Edited by navygz19