Need to buy 1991 pathie frame

Pathie4me

Where are you located? In the Toronto area I've seen the odd ad for fairly cheap Pathy's for sale that were originally from BC, and Alberta where they don't use salt....and had no rust. Might be worth looking into.

A new frame:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...t=1&catalogid=2

At the tune of $2500 and you still have to ship the thing, which will only go truck-freight, I would think you could find some one locally to box in the bad sections for a lot less than that! If your pathy has a BL it isn't that bad to do. I only had to do both rear horn sections and the front drops on both sides, the rest of my frame was solid in/out, my truck was born and raised in WI, they dump a gazillion tons of salt on the roads everytime a snow flake falls. You really don't want to fill the inside of the frame with foam, it will trap moisture, and rust from the inside out, the frame has to breathe, there's all kinds of products you can spray the inside of the frame to keep from rusting, take it to a undercoaters shop, or you could do it yourself as suggested.

Edited by offroad95pathy

I have a 91 sitting in my garage right now 99% rust free. I'm in Houston. If you can get someone to take the body off and dispose of it you can have the frame. I need that thing out of my garage anyway. :D It was wrecked in the frontend, but there was no frame damage AFAIK. Maybe you could get someone to trailer it up there whole on a car hauler??? The used car lots move cars that way all the time. It's light too... No engine, tranny/transfer case, or wheels.

Hey I'm 30 minutes south of ottawa and my 93 is probably rusted just as bad as yours. She's been un-plated for almost a year and Im slowly piecing it back together with the advice of people on this forum. All you can really do is cut out the old and weld in new metal. BTW, is your crossmember that connects to the rear axle still attached(the one thats right in front of the rear tires)?

Oh and I also refuse to let mine go too. :D

Edited by redfinder

There was a minty framed pathy at Bucks auto in Winnipeg just this past weekend. They are a corss canada company maybe they'd ship it (although I doubt it because bucks here was bought out by general scrap and they are in the scrap steel businees and no longer in the auto salvaging business.)

Well after a week of 8-10 hour days doing surgery...the Pathie lives! -bounce-

I cut down to under the rear doors (only place with good frame) re-made a whole rear section. It took 22' of 1"-3" stock and alot of welding to do it but its good as new. I took the advice and didn't use the foam but I did snake brush out the inside assy. and coated it with POR15 inside and out.

Thanks again guys for all the help, and I'll be posting the step by step pics either here or on my site when I get it running again...I'll let you all know'

Again thanks.

OP.

Big sloppy job,eh? Thank God I moved the H-E-double hockey sticks outta that town! Salt on the roads in the quantity they use is murderous to anything on wheels. GO SENS GO!!! :beer: What part of O-town are u in,FMI? My buddy's shop is on Montreal Rd.

Edited by revgrizzly91