Newbie to Forum

wannabe

I live just outside Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

I drive a 1991 Nissan Terrano (as per japan specs - private import) VG30e, 5 speed Auto (limited japanese Run), Full electrics, Modified with a Ironman Suspension package (2" lift, Custom extra heavy duty shockers), Cooper Suretrac S/T 31x10.5", Snorkel (mainly for keeping the dust out and keeping induction temps down), Try-Y type headers (From mid 80's 300zx), Bullbar and 130w Driving lights.

My Interests are mainly "outback" bush trips. Most of these trips are around 2-3 weeks in length and take in such area's as the Birdsville Track and Following the original explorers tracks. My next big trip will be to complete a Cape York trip. (Bottom to top along the east coast of Australia, 7500 miles, 2900 miles of goat tracks and 97 river crossings in 95+ degree heat, NO swiming due to huge croc populations).

I have been watching the forums for quite a while and would classify myself as a survival mechanic. (enough to get myself out of trouble but bad enough to get myself into some.) :help:

Wannabe

post-19-1164615214.jpg

Yep I want to move too or at least take an extended visit to Australia :)

What your describing sounds like a LOT of fun.

"Survival Mechanic"... hmm, I think a lot of us fall into that category :lol:

Once again, Welcome to the Forums

www.4wdsystems.com.au for the snorkel. You will need to place a special order if your car is petrol based as their Terrano/Navara kit is setup for the TD27 motor. They did a "special" (Read : lots of swearing) fit for my car. Ask them to provide a length of flexible hose to suit. Great service and they ship worldwide. I saw one of their suspenstion systems fitted to a Landcrusier, The owner claimed it had never caused any problems in over 150,000 Kilometers (Approx 95,000 miles) over some off the worst cattle station tracks.

I got my headers via the Japanese Ebay site. I have seen Twin turbo kits to suit the VG30(e) selling for less than US$600. :wacko: 250kw 340 nm torque.I am able to source most parts directly from Nissan Australia but failing that a lot of Queensland based motor wreckers have terrano's, Pathfinders and Navara's being dismantled.

The average price for a Pathfinder here in Australia is around US$4000. I almost died of shock at the idea of paying US$500 for a Pathfinder.

Wannabe.

post-19-1164696309.jpg

• 2 weeks later...