Luck on Tues.

unccpathfinder

ok as some of you know i drive 70 miles to work and 70 miles home so i fill up quite frequently (2 times 1 week and 3 the next) I keep tabs on my milage every tank and get about 18.5-19 depending on how late i am for work...so knowing i was going to be close i did a pretty good calc if i could make it which i've done before and always within 10 miles on the plus side of the calc...so i figured up i should have enough to get me 20 miles past work no big deal...so i drive 65 instead of 75-80 i normally drive to try and save a lil

keep in mind my low fuel light has always worked and i usally stop if that comes on...and the gas needle in my truck goes to E after about a half a tank...so i go to pass a big truck and she starts bogging i was like no effin way im out she started spittin and kickin so i throw her in N and kill the ign to try and not burn up the fuel pump and im like 1.5 miles from a gas station and finally get some1 from work to come and get to get gas cuze it was like 40 with 20 mph winds (cold and i wasnt walking down I85 (i parked...uhh coasted so i was at least a good 3 truck widths off the shoulder) so i ran the calc for my gas milage and it was approx 16.7 depending on how much of the 2 gals in the ****** gas can the store had went in the tank

i figured all of those out and so i got the right milage to end up 40 miles short and my low fuel light never came on...and im so pissed that i ran out of gas...so now if i get close to 300 miles on the odo im refilling

yea...i've always never trusted idiot lights but over time i've kinda used it as a fail safe to my calcs...and when unpredicted variables enter the system it sucks...so from now on im being extra careful...

the guys at work were nice enough to print me off the "official gas can award"

yah i ran out of gas last week too right in the middle of the worst storm we have had around here in a while knocked out power cause trees were down everywhere.... i managed to make it within about a block of the gas station but it was so dark i almost got hit twice so i stayed with my truck and called my brother-in-law who happened to be driving a tow truck that nite anyways after he got finished laughing for like 5 mins he brought me some gas so i could makle it to the gas staion

man it hurts to fill up when it empty

in my 87 i never saw it the 1st 3 years i owned the truck...then i was in BFE on like Christmas and couldnt get gas and the light came on...

what really pisses me off...is this weekend on the way to the home/beach i avg'd 21 mpg (i believe this is the 60mph than the 70-80mph)...im not letting the odometer get over 300 miles on it anymore tho cuze i dont wanna risk that again...

I try to fuel up between 290-310... on the way Home from work Wednesday I was up at 296 and even though I knew I could make it to Tacoma (15-20miles away) I thought it best that I stop sooner since traffic SUCKED! I ended up stopping in Federal Way and fueling up at 302miles.

Just not worth the risk -thnkboutit-

yup. i know my gauge can go to E, but then she's on air. i usually get 275-325 out of a tank...... when she hits 1/4 tank. time to fill up. i don't like running my trucks low on gas.. too much stuff can fry and die doin that. P...